4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2012 3:32 PM by areohbee RSS

Negativity?

areohbee Community Member

Re: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4237917#4237917

|> "Unlike some, he kept his initial grumbling to himself and did his "homework" to see what the new process could do."

For some people, "grumbling" is a critical part of "doing ones homework and learning what the new process can do".

Via TK's methods, he will have accomplished 2 goals:

1 - Learned how to accomplish his editing goals in PV2012.

2 - Communicated to Adobe that being able to do these things is important to some users - and Adobe making too many decisions for the users and reducing options, will make them unhappy.

If TK had silently figured it out without a whimper, he may not have accomplished goal #2.

This is not just about Lr4, but Lr5, Lr6, ..., Lr99. Some of us are worried that Adobe will be handing us increasingly canned images - that's not what we want.

Rob

• 1. Re: Negativity?
          Jeff Schewe Community Member

Rob Cole wrote:

Some of us are worried that Adobe will be handing us increasingly canned images - that's not what we want.

Let's see, there are just shy of 50 seperate controls for global tone and color in Lightroom 4 (depending on how you count–arguably could be more). Not sure that counts as Adobe pushing "canned images" on anybody....and, is there a really good reason you thought a seperate thread was a good idea instead of posting to the thread in question?

• 2. Re: Negativity?

Jeff,

I adore PV2012. There are also some things about it that I don't like.

Are you seriously trying to sell me on Lr4 as if I don't know which controls it has?

People get tired of me (& others) "complaining" - well, I get tired of them complaining about other people's "complaining".

You just can't handle it when anybody says anything "negative" about Adobe or Lightroom. - how about you "grow up" and let the rest of us have adult conversations about things that include "negativity".

Really, Jeff - I'm sick to death of your forum "thug-ism" - trying to squash all opposition and intimidate all forum participants from raising their issues. I think it ultimately hurts Adobe & Lightroom, and definitely hurts this forum. Not only that, but you got a little band of sycophants that will do the same thing in your absence. Well done - I'll give ya that.

This has nothing to do with whether PV2012 has a neutral starting point or not - I don't want to start nuthin' on that thread as a courtesy to those people who want to stick to the topic.

Rob

• 3. Re: Negativity?
              Jeff Schewe Community Member

Rob Cole wrote:

You just can't handle it when anybody says anything "negative" about Adobe or Lightroom.

Nope, what I can't handle is when somebody says something wrong about Adobe or Lightroom...sorry, can't let that pass.

• 4. Re: Negativity?

Jeff Schewe wrote:

Nope, what I can't handle is when somebody says something wrong about Adobe or Lightroom...sorry, can't let that pass.

Same here.