• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Flash Object 11.1.102.55 crashes IE 9 on Vista 32 bit

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From last 1 week I'm facing an issue with flash player. Each time when I enable Shockwave Flash Object 11.1.102.55 add-on in IE9 it does not allow to load the page and show a message to recover the page and even sometimes browser got crashes. When I disable the Shockwave Flash Object 11.1.102.55 page loaded without flash and works fine.

I have installed Google Chrome and flash is working fine in Google Chrome browser but I need IE9 as most of my application IE9 supporting.

My system configuration is as follows

Browser : IE 9 Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security

Below are some steps which I have taken to resolve this issue but no success:

- Uninstalled the IE 9 and found the same issue in IE 8

- Enable the ActiveX filter but after that page works fine but flash image will not display

Kindly let me know if you required any log files or information to solve this issue. I need help from adobe to solve my system problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to 11.1.102.62.  And change I.E. from GPU rendering to software rendering:

Click Start, type Internet options, click Internet options, click Advanced tab, check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.

What is your video adapter and driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU rendering to software rendering is showing as disable I cant change it see below pic:

Video adapter and display driver details are as follows:

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report

Report Date:  02/23/2012
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 00:00:47
Driver Version:  7.14.10.1587
Operating System:  Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium* , Service Pack 2 (6.0.6002)
Default Language:  English
DirectX* Version:  10.0
Physical Memory:  2549 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 256 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 113 MB
Processor:  x86 family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12
Processor Speed:  1596 MHZ
Vendor ID:  8086
Device ID:  27A2
Device Revision:  03

*   Accelerator Information   *

Accelerator in Use:  Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
Video BIOS:  1398
Current Graphics Mode: 1280 by 800 True Color (60 Hz)

*   Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator   *

Active Notebook Displays: 1

*   Notebook   *

Monitor Name:  Generic PnP Monitor
Display Type:  Digital
Gamma Value:  2.20
DDC2 Protocol:  Supported
Maximum Image Size: Horizontal: Not Available
   Vertical:   Not Available
Monitor Supported Modes:
1280 by 800 (60 Hz)
Display Power Management Support:
Standby Mode: Not Supported
Suspend Mode: Not Supported
Active Off Mode: Not Supported

* Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners.                                                                                                                                                                                              

It is showing as disable I cant change it:

Internetoption.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try installing the latest version (11,1,102,62) to see if the crashes still occur?  If they do and you're willing to help us get to the bottom of it, please see the following FAQ for instructions on how to report crashes.  In particular, we'll need a crash log (instructions in the help doc), a URL, dxdiag system report, and any additional steps you can provide.  Once you have this, please open a bug over at bugbase.adobe.com and post back letting me know so I can investigate further.

How do I report a Flash Player crash to Adobe?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Campbell can you please help me out as you are from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your  trouble started one week ago, it may relate with our security update release for 11.1.102.62. If automatic update started but install didn't complete and somehow caused ActiveX plugin (Flash Player plugin for IE is called so) in bad state. I suggest you try uninstall Flash Player once and reinstall after. 

Here is FAQ topic for uninstall: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889574?tstart=0

Once you uninstall Flash Player, please make sure you don't see it listed in IE9 manage add-ons list. Then go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ from IE9 and install as directed. (don't forget to quit IE when Adobe install helper asked so)  

Flash Player for Chrome is fine even you run uninstaller but if you have FireFox and have Flash Player in it, it will be uninstalled  so you have to install FireFox side too.

Hope you get FP work soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested by you I have install and re-install the flash player but still same error exists. I have done this step more than 10 time now with no success.

Can some one tell me why I'm not able to generate crash dump when my IE is crashed after taking all the steps given above?

One more thing to mention here:

I have installed Microsoft Fix IT Center to identify the issue but when ever I'm executing to test my IE I got a message saying your DEP is disable, do you want to enable it. When I answer it yes enable my DEP it closes windows successfully but when I re-run it again FixIT throws same message saying your DEP is disable.

Does any one knows anything about DEP. Does this create any problem for Flash Player to execute in IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2012 Feb 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I disable hardware acceleration? when I'm enabling the flash player add-on then IE got hanged and when I disabled flash player add-on I got X mark image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Above solution works only when you enable the flash player add-on in IE. But in my case when I'm enabling flash player add-on then it blocks the page to load into IE and it crashes the IE.

so I need some another solution like some registory setting change or configuration change to disable hardware acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clicking 'Reset...' in Internet properties->Advanced->Reset Internet Explore Settings to resolve the problem? It is suggested in this web page: http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/114938.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have done a Reset multiple time in IE 9 but issue is not resolved. Even I have uninstall the IE 9 and after that Windows Vista goes to default browser i.e. IE8 and there also I faced same issue. Then I installed IE9 using windows update.

It look like something is stopping in IE 9 to render the if page contains any flash object. I feel that is why I'm not able to generate crash dump.

If page does not have flash object it render with out any issue in IE. 

To test some conditions I stop my Antivirus, Firewall but no success in executing a page having flash object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you try and disable IE's GPU support using the "fix its" found on this page?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528233

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run both the Fix but nothing happend. In both case's Option "Use Software Rendering instead of GPU rendering" under Advance Tab of Internet option is remained checked after running the "Disable Fix it" and "Enable Fix it"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I.E. 9 won't use GPU rendering with your video adapter setup, it is unlikely that Flash Player 11 will work with your video adapter setup.  Have you tried reverting back to I.E.8 and installing Google's Chrome Frame on I.E. 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before 1 month back IE9 is working fine with Flash for me. I'm not sure if any automatic update happen for Flash player11. If you mean to say Flash Player 11 works only with GPU rendering then I'll prefer to uninstall the FP11 and go back to Flash Player 10.

Are you sure Flash Player 11 works only with GPU Rendering?

Do you know any link for Flash player 10.

I have download by doing some google but when I try to install it say new version on adobe site. how to tell flash player dont look for new version install older one only.

While I'll take your suggestion also and download Google's Chrome Frame but still not understand what is the advantage to install google chrome frame on IE8. Can you please explain me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure Flash Player 11 works only with GPU Rendering?

Adobe calls it Hardware acceleration, use of the GPU.  The crux of the matter is that I.E. 9 and Flash Player are making greater use of system GPU's and your GPU setup is four year old.

While I'll take your suggestion also and download Google's Chrome Frame but still not understand what is the advantage to install google chrome frame on IE8. Can you please explain me.

You said that embedded Flash Player 11.1.102.55 of Google Chrome worked on your system.  You said that Flash Player 11.1.102.55 did not work with I.E.8.  It is possible that putting Google's Chrome Frame with an embedded Flash Player on I.E.8 may work on your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But on top of this discussion some one say for hardware acceleration i need to right click on flash and under settings I need to uncheck the hardware acceleration checkbox.

But as per you hardware acceleration is something under internet options>>Advance tab>> "Use Software Rendering instead of GPU rendering".

Are you sure both are same thing? I'm bit confuse here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not the same thing, it is two different modules using the same hardware.  I.E.9 and Flash Player 11 both attempt to use the GPU to increase the speed of displaying.  Adobe calls this use of the GPU, hardware acceleration; Microsoft calls this use of the GPU, GPU rendering.  When I.E.9 was set up on your system, the installer determined that your GPU was not suitable for GPU rendering, that is why Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering was already checked.  Flash Player 11 is making greater use of the GPU than your GPU is capable of delivering.  To uncheck hardware acceleration, you need to enable Flash Player in Internet Explorer, but when you do, crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your understanding is 100% correct and I appreciate your efforts to understand my issue.

I think a month back I have done some mistake I checked the hardware acceleration by right click on flash player. but after that 2 times I have uninstall IE9, 7-8 times I have uninstall Flash Player.

Do you think after uninstallation of Flash player the value of hardware acceleration checkbox retains? if Flash Player retaining the values how can I do a clean uninstall so that all the values are resetted. As per my understanding the default value of hardware acceleration checkbox in Flash Player is uncheck.

So it looks that problem is not in IE 9 but it is with Flash Player. There is no use to uninstall IE 9 now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl, still issue is not solved.

Below are few tries I have done:

- I have modifed below registry key value from 1 to 0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\UseSWRender but does not solve the issue

- I have deleted below key after taking a backup

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\Advance_GPU

but does not get any success.

I have done a clean uninstall of Flash 11 by removing all registory values and then done offline installation of Flash 10.3 but does not get any success to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem as the first poster to this thread.  Following a virus infection and removal, IE8 would not connect to any site.  The Search pane worked with Google, and a clicked suggestion under the Search pane woujld pop up in the main IE pane, but that's as far as it went.  IE8 would hang and have to be forced to shut off through Task Manager.

By process of elimination as suggested in an early reply here, I disabled all add-ons, determining that Shockwave Flash Object was at fault.  I went through the recommended uninstall/reinstall... following EVERY step... and everything is fine now.

Thanks to all here and for an authoritative Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Electrojim,

I'm happy to hear that you could solve your issue by reading this forum. We really appreciate Flash community folks' help here and there.

thanks,

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have raised a bug under bugbase but not get any proper response. Below is my bugbase link:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3113895

Even as you suggested I tried to create a crash log but failed to generate the crash log. I have taken below steps to generate crash log

- Executed Enable Crash Logging.reg

- Restarted my System

- Enable the Shockwave Flash Object 11.1.102.55 in Manage add-on of IE9

- Open a new IE browser window and pasted http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

- IE got hanged and got a message near status bar says recover this page.

- I have clicked recover this page but no response then got windows recoving message

- Then I want to %localappdata% but not find Crash Log.

Please see screen sequence :

Screen 1: After enabling Shockwave Flash Object 11.1.102.55

Screen1.jpg

Screen 2: When I got recovery message:

Screen2.jpg

Screen 3: When windows failed to recover:

Screen3.jpg

Screen 4: when ever i click anywhere on hanged page:

Screen4.jpg

Sceen 5: when I checked for Crash Dump and not found there:

Screen5.jpg

As suggested by you to diable hardware acceleration I'm not able to do reason when I enable the flash player add-on my page got hanged and when I disable flash player add-on I got X mark image.

Kindly suggest what to do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines