Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Recording/Publishing - Lines appear

Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just got upgraded to Captivate 5.  I do all my PPTs as screen captures and it's never had a problem in the past.  However, this time, no matter what the settings I put it at (high vs low) the same issue is happening.  I set my monitor to 800X600 to do the capture.  When I get over to Captivate to view it, slides now have lines running through them, regardless what settings I've done on my monitor and/or recording/publishing.

Has anyone else run accross this?  If so, what was your solution to making sure the presentation doesn't have the lines?  I don't even dare to do my system stuff if the "basic" stuff is having issues.

Thanks.

Erin

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tell that you tried all settings? Are you talking about the slide quality in Captivate? Can you check that, because the default quality is Low 8-bit. Either you change that quality on slide level, or you can override the present quality on publishing by unchecking 'Retain Slide Quality' in the Preferences, Project, SWF size and Quality (see screenshot, highlighted in yellow). If this is not giving the expected result, you could also uncheck all compression options (highlighted in green, not unchecked here).

compress.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The things I tried were the capture settings, the publish settings and based of your response I also tried the individual "slide" property settings.  It still is giving me those lines regardless of what I do, when capturing it.

I just tried "importing" (which in previous versions never worked -- made it blurry) and even though within the software it's blurry-ish, published, it's very clear.  I only had to "manipulate" one slide because of changing the size (920x... vs 800x600).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to ask: hope you were not talking about Full Motion Recordings? If yes, you have to set it to 32-bit (Preferences, FMR).

Second question: rescaling will always lead to quality loss, did you rescale?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did reset it to 32-bit in the recording settings before I recorded.  No I didn't rescale anything.  I ended up going back to Captivate 4 for now to finish my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources