Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search issue with plurals?

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH9, webhelp, merged project.

Just reported to me and I can confirm: There seems to be a content search issue where the singular works, but not the plural, even if the plural is what we use. Specific example: Enhancement vs. Enhancements. We have several topics that are labeled or refer to "Enhancements", but searching with that term finds nothing, while using "Enhancement" finds those terms.

"Ticket" vs "Tickets" results in a similar issue. The behavior appears to be that the singular form can find either version - singular or plural - but plural search terms result in no matches at all.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested a single project and it works correctly. Open one of the child projects and see if you get the same problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in responding, sidetracked by another project.

This is happening in all projects. I'm also seeing that searching for phrases using "" marks is also not working (i.e. "One Two Three" returns no results, even if the phrase is present and a search for just those words (no quote marks) does return the topic).

I'm thinking something's been corrupted in our Help - what files should I be looking at to delete and rebuild to see if this fixes the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you testing on the published help or the generated help. The latter is rebuilt every time.

Try in one of the sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

If that works, try downloading the demo merged help from my site and generate from that. Test that works.

Post back with the results at that point.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp