Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR3 iOS Start Up Screen is messed up [HELP]

Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am including Default.png, Default-Landscape.png and Default-LanscapeRight.png

When I launch my application ( which only runs in landscape mode ) .. the correct splash screen shows for a split second .. then it switches to show it stretched and portrait.

What is causing this ?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had exactly the same problem today, I compiled project on another pc and it was all good. Maybe the problem is in air sdk version or some settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not AIR issue ^) It's your isse. Don't include all images that you see.

Firstly it show Default.png than Default-Landscape.png than Default-LanscapeRight.png and so on. May be in other order.

Simple use 1 splash screen file. Not all at once. Try upload one Default-Landscape.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried that.   Event if I just use one file .. it still does it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you know the .png needs to always be in portrait demensions regardless of app orientation? meaning a landscape splash screen would be made in portrait with the artwork flipped 90 degrees.

(width always less that height is what i mean to say)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double checked my files to make sure, and what you said isn't quite right. For a landscape only app you would need Default.png, 320x480, the landscape design on its side, 640x960, same again only twice the size. So far that's what you said, but the actual Default-Landscape.png for the iPad would be 1024x768, the landscape design the correct way up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

woops sorry about that, I remembered needing to turn my png for the phone but didnt check my ipad splash size before posting.

thanks colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the resolution of the image that you are using and for what device? Also, is the app meant to start in landscape or portrait only orientation or supports all device orientations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , can you tell me if you are specifically using iPhoneOS 5.0 sdk to package this ipa ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Default-Landscape 1024x768 and  Flash Professional CS5.5 for publishing. I publishec couple of apps before and never had those problems it appeared lately (maybe I messed something up with AIR sdk?). It also works fine on another PC with exactly the same project files - so I believe it's not about Default-Landscape.png size or orientation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I investigated it a bit more and it looks like the problem is in adobe AIR SDK 3.1.

I downloaded 3.0 version from here:

http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/3.0/AdobeAIRSDK.zip

and 3.1 from here:

http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/3.1/AdobeAIRSDK.zip

and used adt from version 3.1 and 3.0 to publish app using commands:

SDK31/bin/adt -package -target ipa-test-interpreter -storetype pkcs12 -keystore YOUR_CERT.p12 -provisioning-profile YOUR_DEV_PROVISIONING.mobileprovision APPNAME.ipa APPNAME-app.xml APPNAME.swf Default-Landscape.png

SDK30/bin/adt -package -target ipa-test-interpreter -storetype pkcs12 -keystore YOUR_CERT.p12 -provisioning-profile YOUR_DEV_PROVISIONING.mobileprovision APPNAME.ipa APPNAME-app.xml APPNAME.swf Default-Landscape.png

version published using 3.0 works just fine, and the one using 3.1 makes splash screen rotates for a split second.

Maybe it's a problem just when publishing to debug I'm not sure but it looks like AIR 3.1 SDK bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem...

Might give AIR 3.0 a try then, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I investigated it a bit more because I had to use AIR 3.1

if you're usig AIR SDK 3.1 you can set "Aspect ratio" in AIR for iOS settings panel to "Auto" (instead of for example landscape) then you have to attach both default images for landscape and portrait mode.

this walkaround worked for me, but I hope Adobe will fix it in AIR 3.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michal , can you share your app.xml file with me  . Would help us to diagnose the issue . One more thing , are you using any native extensions ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem with AIR 3.1. I have a game that I need to lock in landscape view, but the splash screen flicker to portrait/stretched is a showstopper experience issue. I am using a couple native extensions. Here's my app.xml, with some names changed and comments removed...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>

<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.1">

<id>com.jdconley.mygame</id>

<filename>MyGame</filename>

<name>MyGame</name>

<versionNumber>1.0.0</versionNumber>

<initialWindow>

<content>[This value will be overwritten by Flash Builder in the output app.xml]</content>

<title>My Game</title>

<systemChrome>none</systemChrome>

<transparent>false</transparent>

<visible>true</visible>

<minimizable>false</minimizable>

<maximizable>false</maximizable>

<resizable>false</resizable>

<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>

<autoOrients>false</autoOrients>

<fullScreen>true</fullScreen>

<renderMode>cpu</renderMode>

<softKeyboardBehavior>pan</softKeyboardBehavior>

</initialWindow>

<icon>

<image29x29>29x29_Icon_2.png</image29x29>

<image48x48>48x48_Icon_2.png</image48x48>

<image57x57>57x57_Icon_2.png</image57x57>

<image72x72>72x72_Icon_2.png</image72x72>

<image114x114>114x114_Icon_2.png</image114x114>

</icon>

<iPhone>

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array>

<string>1</string>

<string>2</string>

</array>

<key>UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend</key>

<true/>

<key>UIRequiresPersistentWiFi</key>

<true/>

<key>SBUsesNetwork</key>

<true/>

<key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>

<array>

<string>wifi</string>

</array>

]]></InfoAdditions>

<requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>

</iPhone>

<extensions>

<extensionID>com.adobe.appPurchase</extensionID>

<extensionID>com.jdconley.myextensions</extensionID>

</extensions>

</application>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have it set to work on iPad, but auto orients is off. That will stop it from being accepted by Apple.

What is the full list of splash screen images you've included? I mean, their exact names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The autoOrients=false setting was for experimentation. I was changing everything that looked like it might have an effect. Regardless of the setting for autoOrients it flashes to a distorted portrait view for a moment before calling the constructor on our Application if you have the initial aspectRatio set to landscape in the XML and start the device physically in either right or left landscape orientation.

This is a universal build. I have:

Default.png

Default@2x.png

Default-Portrait.png

Default-Landscape.png

I figured out how to work around the problem by leaving out the initial aspectRatio setting in the xml and using stage.setOrientation from code. The two iPhone png's and the Default-Portrait.png are graphically rotated right to simulate landscape mode. I manually call setOrientation to right at launch if the orientation is default or upside down. This causes the orientation change animation, but it's much less ugly than the distorted portrait view image. Further, I prevent the portrait orientations from happening through the typical means of using the StageOrientationEvent.ORIENTATION_CHANGING event and a preventDefault() call.

I woud love to see a configuration for an OR'd list of allowed orientations, and have AIR deal with all this stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2012 Feb 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get good clean launches by using autoorients, setting the aspect ratio to landscape, but only include three of those files. The one that I think messes you up is the Default-Portrait one. iOS is picking up on that, and given that you're telling it to be landscape anyway, it doesn't need the portrait one, but it does use it because physically the device may be more portrait at the time. The Default.png is needed, for iPhone and iPod Touch, and the Default@2.png is used by iPhone 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried deleting Default-Portrait.png and it had the same bad behavior as before. Are you using the latest AIR 3.1 SDK Colin? As others have mentioned, this problem does not occur in AIR 3.0. I can also assure you that the device is physically in landscape orientation and not moving, as I have a stand that holds it in landscape orientation. It also starts to launch with the correct splash image, then seems to rotate and stretch that image into a portrait view. It looks like it is taking the Default-Landscape.png and stretching it to fit in the portrait dimensions, in DEFAULT orientation. Again, this does NOT happen if I remove the default aspectRatio from the AIR config.

I wish I could set this stuff in the InfoAdditions like a native app... http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f7e64a7f12cd2dd1867-8000.html#WS901d38e593cd1...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used various versions. If it's CS5.5 I'm using, then it would be AIR 3.1.

There's one thing you mentioned that could give a clue. If you did use Default-Portrait on a landscape app, just so that someone holding it in portrait would be encouraged to turn the device, then the image would be 768x1024, and would be your landscape splash screen rotated 90 degrees clockwise. The Default-Landscape image isn't the same, it wants to be the splash screen looking the right way up, and 1024x768.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's a good guess. But the resolutions of the images are correct.

I have narrowed it down to the fact that I'm including the in app purchase native extension. I haven't tried a blank native extension, but I know the in app purchase one doesn't do anything UI related. It must have something to do with the package/init process when there is a native extension packaged with the build.

Here is its ObjC source: http://code.google.com/p/in-app-purchase-air-ios/source/browse/#svn%2Fbranches%2Fv1%2FNative%2FiOS%2...

And I have posted a Flash Builder 4.6 sample project here that shows how I set it up: https://github.com/jdconley/air-ios-splashdemo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the exact same problem since I upgraded to AIR 3.1. I've been building using Flash CS5.5 and recently overlayed AIR 3.1. I am NOT using an ANE. I've gone through all the steps wackiejd has.

Regards,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the exact same problem since I upgraded to AIR 3.1. I've been building using Flash CS5.5 and recently overlayed AIR 3.1. I am NOT using an ANE. I've gone through all the steps wackiejd has.

Interesting! Can you maybe fork my little github project and see if you can get it to reproduce without the ANE? I know that'll help Adobe narrow it down. The only way I could get it to happen was to include the ANE in the iOS build...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send me a link and I'll look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys ,

This launch image rotation by 90 deg is a known issue and has been fixed for the next release . However , this issue is known only when iOS 5 sdk is used for packaging . This can be used by the following 2 methods :

1) By using -platformsdk switch in the adt packaging command .

2) If Flash Builder is set to use iOS 5 sdk . This can be set in Flash Buider 4.6 by following steps :

Right-click the project

Goto properties -> Under Flex Build Packaging side bar select Apple iOS

In the Native Extensions tag you have an entry for a Apple iOS SDK where you can set the path to the iOS 5 SDK

Are you guys using iOS 5 sdk while packaging by any of the above 2 methods??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines