• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's new in AIR SDK 3.1.4880?

Engaged ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that you silently updated the AIR SDK 3.1 to 3.1.4880.

Comparing the files you can see 23 files were updated in January 9th, 2012.

The original 3.1 SDK was from November 7th, 2011.

Why don't you include a "what's new" file inside the ZIP?

I suppose this new build is just a bugfix release, but you could still tell what's been fixed.

So, what's the difference between this newer 3.1 SDK (build 4880) and the older 3.1?

Regards,

OMA

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

This was primarily an ICS (ice cream sandwich) related release.  Here's the release notes:

Developer Release Notes

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was primarily an ICS (ice cream sandwich) related release.  Here's the release notes:

Developer Release Notes

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. According to that page, version 3.1.4880 adds "ICS(IceCream Sandwich) support for AIR Android".

One would think that adding support for a whole new version of Android would warrant at least a minor version bump, not just the build.

Anyway, even if this 4880 update build is supposed to be only about ICS, I've found a weird bug in iOS that only happens with 3.1.4880 and not with the original 3.1 from November 2011:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3121219

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for links to the older versions...
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/853/cpsid_85304.html does not have the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BDindeblender: Are you having the same issue? If you can't find the original 3.1 version I can try uploading it somewhere, but I think it's Adobe the one that should be providing the archived versions, even if it's just a different build of the "same version" (3.1).

Or, even better, please fix this regression. In the original 3.1 SDK, splash screens worked fine in iOS (tested today with both versions; old version works correctly, new one doesn't).

Edit: I've noticed there's a dropdown option in BugBase that suggests there's a new build: 3.1.5560

Where can we download that version?

These little updates where version number doesn't change (only build number) are pretty confusing, specially when a bug is inadvertently introduced and you can't download the old version because you don't provide it anymore from Adobe's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@OMA2k Same issue, calling Adobe now/ Been on hold for 7 min.
I need the Mac version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't have the Mac version of SDK 3.1.

I hope you can solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides not knowing what air was, my adobe helpdesk person keeps repeating: We dont provide phone support for air...
Man... Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF?! Well, I guess that since Adobe AIR is free, they don't provide phone support. Maybe if you try Flash support they can help you, but I guess they would only give support for AIR 2.6 (the version included with Flash CS5.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24 minutes and counting... I told him i dont need support, just need links to previous (working) versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's going to look into it...
I did too, and edited the links I found here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/853/cpsid_85304.html

Adobe Air 3.0 SDK MAC

Adobe Air 3.0 SDK WIN

Not the previous 3.1 version, but at least something between 3.1 and 2.7...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, 3.0 doesn't oficially support iOS 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe finally provide you with the original AIR 3.1?

BTW, I've seen AIR 3.2 is in Release Candidate stage:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/air3-2/

I hope this bug wasn't carried over to that version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMA2k wrote:

Did Adobe finally provide you with the original AIR 3.1?

Nope...

They said they would call me back the same day (Thursday 23rd) but haven't heard anything since.
The Air twitter account doesn't respond to questions, so it appears. adobe_care said it was looking into it...

Kind of bizarre how such a big company deals with paying customers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hopefully I didn't drop the ball here and not get back in touch with you.  I've been monitoring this conversation and I did request last week that we update our Archive page with the 3.0 build but it looks like this hasn't been done yet. I don't recall a 3.1 build being released in November, maybe you were referring to the 3.0.0.4080 build?  I was out on vacation that month though, so maybe I missed something.  Please email me directly and I'll get you the 3.0.0.4080 build asap.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris.

Thanks for your reply. As far as I know, AIR 3.1 SDK was first released in November 2011, wasn't it?

You can even see that all files inside the original 3.1 ZIP have a 7th of November date.

I already have the original 3.1 SDK for Windows, because I already downloaded it when it was released,

but BDindeblender is asking for the original 3.1 SDK for Mac, which unfortunately I don't have,

because I usually work in a Windows environment (except when I have to upload to Apple's App Store).

The version currently available at Adobe's SDK page is 3.1.0.4880 which was released in January, 2012

(until it gets replaced with the 3.2 SDK when the Release Candidate becomes Final)

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html

The problem with this updated "4880" build is it has a bug that the original 3.1 didn't have, described here:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3121219

I hope this bug isn't carried over to the new 3.2 SDK. I still haven't tried it, so I can't comment on that yet.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the background.  With all of the releases we have it's easy for me to loose track.  I've tracked down the proper version and can send it along.  Email me and I'll give you a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also forwarded this along to our iOS team for their review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Campbell wrote:

Hopefully I didn't drop the ball here and not get back in touch with you.

I spoke to Emre Dogan, left a message with @air and @adobe_care.
Got a reply from Emre after almost a week instead of the same day, he sent me the public/standard 3.1 SDK link wich i allready have...

@Adobe_care said the were looking into it but still no answer.

Anyhow, if you could post the links here then everybody benefits, thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BDindeblender, Chris said "Email me and I'll give you a link" so try writing him a private message:

http://forums.adobe.com/pm-post!input.jspa?to=661067

Also, AIR 3.2 Release Candidate is out, so in the meantime, you could maybe try and see

if the new version has this bug fixed:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/air3-2/

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. I've seen that Abhayjit Singh has replied in the BugBase page (why doesn't the BugBase system send me an e-mail so I know when somebody has replied, like this forum does?)

He suggests that this is happening because this is a "known issue" that happens when using the iOS 5 SDK to compile, triggered by using the -sdkplatform switch, which I never used.

I've looked for documentation about the -sdkplatform switch of the ADT tool and I haven't found any mention of changing the iOS SDK used.

I didn't even know I could do that!

Anyway, I always use ADT to compile (not Flash Builder), and I had never used that switch before, so since I'm not specifying anywhere the iOS 5 SDK, I'm thinking that maybe it's a Native Extension the one that's triggering the usage of the iOS 5 SDK. The extension I'm using is DoNotBackup by JamPot.ie, and since it uses an API available since iOS 5.0.1, maybe that extension is automatically triggering the iOS 5 SDK instead of the old one.

@BDindeblender: Are you using a Native Extension of some sort?

Anyway, even if that's the case, this should be fixed when using the iOS5 SDK, since it's the latest one, and this didn't happen anyway then using the original AIR 3.1, no matter if I used native extensions or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BDindeblender wrote:

Anyhow, if you could post the links here then everybody benefits, thanks in advance.

I've sent a PM to BDindeblender with a link.  I've hosted it on my dropbox account so it's just a temporary link.  I'll see what I can do about getting this on our archive page, but given the identical build numbers it might be problematic.

I've also talked with the iOS team and was told that this should be resolved in the 3.2 SDK which should be released in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris for you message and link.
I'm gonna give it a try.
My problems also seem to be fixed in de RC 3.2...

Hope the archive page is updated soon, it's important if you have to go back to get something working and off to the store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris Campbell wrote:

I've also talked with the iOS team and was told that this should be resolved in the 3.2 SDK which should be released in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Chris

That's great. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines