• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Offline material is present in this export and will be encoded using the offline media graphic"

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This comes up every so often with my renders.  I have a 28:30 minute project that is 100% complete.  All the files are present locally, and nothing shows as offline or missing.  I've gone through the final sequence frame by frame and NOTHING is offline or missing.  But when I want to send it out to export, I get the message above in the title.

What's strage is if I ignore it, then sometimes the final render WILL have display the offline graphic even though it didn't display as such in the Premiere timeline.

Often, restarting Premiere and reopening the project irons that glitch out just fine, but I have one particular project that seems to do it every time. I've tried the "import into a new project" trick, but with no luck.

Clueless in Exportville

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only ever had this happen when a file actually was offline.

My only thought is if the files in question are stored on the network you mentioned in the other post.  PP may be losing the link temporarily during the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 01, 2012 Feb 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say the offline graphic sometimes shows up in export....have you tried going back into the project, looking at one of those "offline" assets, and then purposely trying to offline it and then re-link the media?

Jim is right, network files can sometimes play tricks on you, appearing to be there but not really. If that's the case, just try locally storing one of your "offline" assets and then re-linking to the local copy in your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

Anybody find a solution to this yet? I am working with Premiere Pro cs5, working with r3d footage, and am having the "offline material is present" error pop up when I try to export using adobe media encoder. Prior to that error box popping up, there is another dialogue box that says that premiere has detected that there is an update to media encoder, I am running media encoder 5.01 and tried to update it but it tells me all files are up to date.

Anyways back to the problem, there is only one shot that is affected and is rendered with the offline media image( this clip also happens to be a different colour(green or teal) than the other clips in my sequence(which are blue or greyish), not sure if this is an indication of anything. I reimported the clip, and re did the edits and then exported just that new small section to see if the error would happen again,this time however, when I did the export, instead of  "queue", I just hit "export" ,and the export happened without media encoder actually opening. The file came out fine,even though I had the offline media present pop up, the video was all good. I know I changed a couple of variables in that troubleshooting, so now I am trying the entire sequence with the "export" button instead of "queue" button in the media encoder pop up box, hopefully that will help. The only downside is that it seams like it takes way longer to export this way than in the queue.

I'll report back to let you know if that helps and if I can reproduce the error with the "queue" button.

EDIT

Both exports worked, so it must have been due to the re importing and re editing of the clips, however I still get the error message "offline material is present..." I guess I'll see what happens next time I do an export. Cross my fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. Had same problem with offline files in CC 7.1. Finally tried the EXPORT button instead of QUEUE after reading Erakon's note. Worked fine. Thank you. In case of need, my multi-cam sequence was edited using CC7.01, then I had a problem with opening the project because "this project conrtains a sequence that could not be opened". After checking online and as a last resort uninstalling all adobe products, using the adobe cleaner tool, and re-installing PP CC, and upgrading to CC7.1 I finally got my project back, only to get the offline render files problem. I thought it was linked to AVCHD as only those files in my multi-cam sequence suffered - the HDV rendered fine.

Finally, EXPORT not QUEUE worked. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

i sometimes get the same error. And i run on CC2015 now, of course.

The issue manly comes up if I export with the media encoder. Especially after a fresh update!

So the only workaround that works is to render directly with premiere. So using the "Export" button NOT the "Queue".

Maybe this helps.

Cheers

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Similar Issue here. Working directly off a server (bad idea) created a few issues with my media files. I simply replaced the footage with the exact same file and that did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines