• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing flash player for all users on a computer (domain)

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've had a quick search but have unfortunately not found any answers.

I've just setup a new image using WDS to install 55 new Dell computers. Flash player was installed as part of this image, the problem i'm getting is that if I log in as a domain administrator I can run flash fine with no problems, however if I log in as a domain user, and try to visit any site that requires flash, i can't seem to view any flash content.

When logged in as the domain user and navigate to control panel I can see the "Flash player settings" option and when I view installed software I an see that flash player 11 is installed.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be? - Do you require admin rights to view flash files?

Any help would be extremely grateful!

Thanks.

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such requirement of adming rights to view flash files, it is may be due to your preference setting of you PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know what preferences I may need to change please? - I ideally don't want to set 55 new pc's up and give 55 users domain admin rights

Thanks Lisabritne,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may post your query in the forum Flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moved]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the same thing happen on the computer where you originally installed Flash Player?

What do you see as a standard domain user: just a blank screen, or an error message?

Can you see the Flash animation at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

When you log into the user I originally installed flash on, it works without any problems. It's when you log into another user (thats not a domain administrator) that the problems arise.

You can see in the control panel that flash is installed, but when you try to view any flash content (like the link you posted) it says that flash player is not installed, click this link to install it (which takes you to get.adobe.com/flashplayer).

Thanks,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be a permission problem in the Flash Player install folder.  Try a clean install on the original machine.

If that does not resolve your problem, can you tell what Windows version & edition you are using?

Also check the permissions of all files in

• C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2012 Mar 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the clean install does not fix your problem, see if this solution (post #12) resolves the issue for you: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3960114#3960114

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines