• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE10 CP and this Forum

LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2012 Mar 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8 Consumer Preview is available, and within it we find a new build of Internet Explorer 10.

Alas, while it offers some new and interesting features, it is not without its problems as regards presenting this forum.

1.   I don't seem to be able to put double quotes around anything without them becoming escaped.  The following bolded phrase "has double quotes around it" as typed by the single shifted character to the right of my little finger when on the the home keys.

2.  I don't seem to be able to upload an image via IE10.  I'll try showing what happens in a response to this post using IE10, but if I have to I'll post it with IE9.  I'm not sure yet whether it consistently or only intermittently fails.

Adobe / Jive folks, it seems to me that it would be a good idea to get at least a virtual machine running IE10 CP and try to understand why these things are happening.  The world is feverishly downloading Windows 8 CP.

-Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what it looks like when I try to post a picture...  It sticks here sometimes after selecting the file and choosing Insert Image...  I was able to get it to work properly in IE10 this time...

IE10CPImageProblem.jpg

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you Tried FireFox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not looking for a workaround, Phillip.  Just trying to let the powers that be know that a new browser release is coming that may not be a shoo-in with the forum software.

Pat, I'm able to enter double quotes in other forums with it, so I suspect that while you could reasonably say it might be an IE10 problem, only one of the two (IE10 / Jive) is an 800 lb gorilla.

But now is precisely the time when someone at Jive and/or Adobe should have the IE10 beta running, and be submitting integration issues back to Microsoft with the Send Feedback Tool, which is available here:  http://connect.microsoft.com/ie

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With IE8, and maybe some restrictions going on, I'm not able to paste anything in the simple editor, I must then use the HTML one, or paste links with the links paste function, usually, with 2 or 3 attempts before it works.

If only they could use the webkit engine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...  I can only say this:  People actually ARE able to use IE to edit/submit things in many places - if they couldn't I imagine IE would have been a real flop.  It seems to me the web site that doesn't support IE is the entity that's at fault, not the browser.

Why not move up to IE9, Pierre?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2012 Mar 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corporate network, with way to much securityware added. I'll see if running on 7 will change something.

I do hope that we will be able to upgrade to IE9 soon, heck, it is supposed to be more secure.

I have no issue at home with Safari and Chrome or Firefox, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

I encountered issues with IE7 and attached image files, several Jive-versions back. I never could get it to work, so changed to Chrome, and have never had any such problems. Prior to that Jive-change, it worked just fine. Guess that IE10 is just following along? Have not tried with IE8, or 9, and probably will not, until Chrome begins failing me.

Thanks for reporting,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE9 uploads images just fine.

I suspect there are browser-specific sections in the Jive code and they don't properly funnel the IE10 browser through the same channels as IE9.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noel,

Thanks for that update.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

The following bolded phrase "has double quotes around it"

That part, at least, looks like an IE10 problem, not one of the forum software.  IE10 seems to convert your quotation marks into HTML entities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines