Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Close All Books

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2006 Sep 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm building a rather large WebHelp Pro system. Forward and backward buttons won't fit logically with the structure and I'm planning on not them. Instead users will have to use the book tree to navigate. Because there are so many sub-books/topics I was wondering if there was a way to create a button the user could click to collapse all the books (to the closed position) and thus return them to the initial view.

I was thinking I might be able to use a button linked to a redirect page but...?

Thanks in advance - Nick

PS - I know that Dreamweaver's help (I think this is WinHelp?) only lets you open one book at a time and automatically closes anything else. This would also be acceptable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nick,

Click here to go to the tech support answer to your problem.

Hope it helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick

Unfortunately, the Technical Note Brian pointed you to would only apply to a compiled .CHM output.

You should easily be able to "collapse" all books by simply constructing a link that would open the WebHelp Pro system as if you were opening it for the first time. So whatever the link is that generically opens the system, use that.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2006 Oct 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hallo Nick

Here's another idea: Add a button to your skin. Call it "Home" or something useful. Then edit the new button and add the following JavaScript code in the OnClick action for the button:
parent.location.reload()

Hope this does it for you
... Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp