6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2012 5:17 PM by Priscilla Walker RSS

Did you get error 1067 when updating Reader?

Priscilla Walker Employee Hosts

If you got update error 1067 when updating Reader, I'd like to hear more so we can find a solution.

• What OS are you using and what version (such as Window XP SP2)?
      • What version of Reader do you have?
      • What was the error message you got?
      • How much disk space do you have available?
      • How much memory (RAM) is on your system?

I recommend you try installing again using the direct download link noted in this document under "Try a different download link":

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/836/cpsid_83641.html#main_Try_a_different_download_link

Please let me know if this helps. We haven't been able to reproduce this error.

Thanks so much!

• 1. Re: Did you get error 1067 when updating Reader?
          pm_girl Community Member

I got the error when applying the update the reader was asking for.

• I am using Windows XP SP2
          • I have Adobe Reader version 9.4.7
          • The error message was just the number (1067) with a link to your explanation page.
          • I have 26 GB free space on C:
          • I have 4 gb RAM but XP only recognizes 3.25GB

The explanation page told me to download a new exe and install and post to this thread if it worked, which it did. I chose the english version of 10.1.2.

• 2. Re: Did you get error 1067 when updating Reader?

I'm so glad the direct download link worked! The engineer would like to see the installation log files if possible. I will send you a private email with this request.

Thanks so much for all the details!

• 3. Re: Did you get error 1067 when updating Reader?
              gyles19 Community Member

I just worked through this error on my Dad's computer.  He has XP Home SP 3, Adobe Acrobat 4 and Reader 9.4.7 were already installed. He has been getting to 1067 error for some time and just clicking through it.  I manually un-installed Acrobat 4,  but left the shared files in web/common alone.  I did not touch Reader 9.4.7. I downloaded the alternate installer for Adobe 10.1.2 for English and ran it.  It did complain, eventually, about 9.4.7 still having a file in use, but I'd left the previous dialog from the 9.4.7 updater failure open.  I closed that 9.4.7 failure dialog and hit 'retry', and the installer proceeded onward and seems to have completed successfully.

This machine has 1 gig of RAM and approx 4G of free disk space on C:. 

• 4. Re: Did you get error 1067 when updating Reader?
                ZiggyXyzzy Community Member

I've been getting this error for a while at every startup/restart and didn't bother to try the direct download, which did work, I manually downloaded 10.1.2, so probably won't have the error again until you update it again after I run the new install.

Reader version: 9.4.7

Pop-up box:

[logo]   Update failed

The process terminated unexpectedly.

Error: 1067

Available disk space: 81.9 GB

memory: 3 GB

• 5. Re: Did you get error 1067 when updating Reader?
                  YoBob12 Community Member

Hi,  I was getting the 1067 Error, after Adobe told me it wanted to install the newer software. That happened about 3 times before I noticed the 'find out more info' link, that brought me here. I downloaded the newer install file, and it installed fine.  I'm (still) running Windows 2000 SP4. I had received the 1067 Error, and something like "unexpected failure" to install message, previously.  I have 7.20 GB of space available on C:, after installing the newer V9.5.0 s/w. My laptop has 523,248 KB of RAM, according to System Properties.  I'm not sure what version of Reader I had before the install of V9.5.0, I think it might have been 9.4.7, but not sure.

• 6. Re: Did you get error 1067 when updating Reader?

Thank you all for your answers. I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to report back your experience.