• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error connecting via RDS

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely use RDS, but I've been trying to connect to a ColdFusion 8 enterprise multi-instance server from ColdFusion Builder 2.  The particular instance I want to connect to is listening on port 80 via IIS, and port 8050 using JWS.  I've set an RDS password in the ColdFusion administrator.

When I try to connect to the server via RDS, I get this error: "could not initialize class com.adobe.rds.core.services.messages".  What am I doing wrong?

I'm connecting over a VPN to a Windows server, using CF Builder on Mac OS X Lion.

Thanks,

- Andrew.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A coworker of mine has the same problem and we determined it's because his evaluation copy converted to

the "Free" version which does not allow the configuration of Remote servers. 

Maybe the same cause for you?

- Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe, Andrew,

We are not able to repro in our installtion of standalone and plugin configuration. Can you please extract the RDS Core plugin(com.adobe.rds.core_*.jar) check for the class com.adobe.rds.core.services.Messages.class.

Also check the password in your RDS settings at ColdFusion Administrator and ColdFusion builder server configuration dialog.  You can reset your RDS password, to eleminate possiblity of any configuration errors.

Also check regstering the other remote server and try accessing the RDS for the same.

Thanks

Shilpi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Experiencing the same issue. Intermittently RDS connection will stop working and generate the "Could not initialize com.adobe.rds.core.services.Messages" error. Sometimes removing and re-adding the RDS Server will fix it, sometimes not. Eventually, it seems, it will just decide to start working again. Two instances of CF9 running on Windows, if one goes they both go. Not sure if relevant, but we also have a box running CF6 on Windows as well that DOES NOT seem to be affected by the issue. Meaning, right now I can connect to the CF6 box, but both CF9 boxes throw the error. Just started happening in the last couple of months, but I'm struggling to trace it back to any specific event. Will keep looking for a solution and update if I find anything.

UPDATE: By the time I finished writing this post, I tried and successfully opened a file via RDS. I did absolutely nothing during that time. Strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2012 Mar 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody else having this RDS connection issue within ColdFusion Builder 2? 

After a new install of ColdFusion 10 beta on a fresh Windows 7 box with Apache 2.2, I can visit http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/componentutils/packagelist.cfm and RDS connection is good.

But when I try RDS connection from within CF Builder 2, I get the following error message: "The HTTP request to talk to your server returned with the following message: Could not initialize class com.adobe.rds.core.services.Messages"

Thanks,

Marty McGee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marty,

Is it your server?  In IIS try setting the /CFIDE folder to "anonymous access" and see if that helps.  It solved

a similar problem for us where other frontends like CF ReportBuilder and DW could connect via RDS,  but CFBuilder 2 could not.

As far as I know, the new setting is not impacting our security because the console still asks for administrator login. 

(we are on an Intranet and less worried than www though). Frontends also continued to ask us for login.  So If anyone

can tell me the drawbacks of setting /cifide to anonymous, please let me know. 

Joe Chahine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joe,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I am running CF on Apache server, so I cannot try this approach.  But I'm sure others using IIS that are having RDS connection issues could be successful using your solution.

In my opinion, it should be okay to allow "anonymous access" to the /CFIDE directory, as long as you are requiring RDS login password.

Still trying to figure out RDS connection using CFBuilder 2, ColdFusion 10 beta, and Apache server.

Thanks,

Marty McGee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw "Windows 7" in there and thought IIS.

I would think that Apache has a configuration for "Authentication" technique as well.

I look forward to whatever solution you come up with (hopefully).

Joe Chahine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation