• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player doesn't play every video

Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

After reading this forum and without finding a solution for my problem, I started this topic.

I'm using Firefox (9.0.1) with the newest Flash Player (11.1.102.55) on Windows 7 64-Bit. For security I use "Microsoft Windows Security Essentials" and the Windows Firewall.

I did uninstall and install Flash Player with the guide posted on this forum (source: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846#4041846).

But the problem still exists: I can't watch every video.

Youtube or livestream.com isn't a problem, but I can't watch twitch.tv or megavideo.com. On twitch.tv I can only see a black frame without sound, play/pause button etc.. Megavideo.com just tells me to install Flash Player.

On the forum I found a solution with deactivating the hardware acceleration but it doesn't save the setting. Thus I think about a problem with the rights of files/folders... but it's just a thought.

Maybe anyone of you can help me. I have this problem on 2 computers and on another 2 computers it works perfect.

Greetings from Germany!

Treuben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Well..

Are you ready for a REALLY REALLY REALLY ridicoulos solution?

Here we go:

Today is did again a format c:. At my first boot I installed all windows updates. Restart. Then I installed IE9. Restart. After that I installed Flash Active-X and Plugin. Tested on botch: Same issue like before.

I thought: "What the heck..." But after that I tried the "create a new user"-"solution". 2 Users: "test1" non admin account, "test2" admin account. For BOTH accounts the issue was fixed. Yes, with BOTH new acco

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow my instructions to uninstall/reinstall Flash player again here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4081633#4081633

To disable Microsoft Security Essentials, do the following:

1. Open MSE and go to Settings, then Real Time Protection
  2. Remove the checkmark from: "Turn on real time protection".
  3. Close MSE and proceed with the uninstall/reinstallation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Xircal!

I did exactly what you told me, but the problem still exists.

Megavideo still tells me:

"

You need a newer Flash player version to use this player. Please click here and update your Flash player to the latest version or open the following link manually:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

"

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ -> You have version 11,1,102,55 installed

Thus the twitch.tv livestreams don't work for me.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Treuben wrote:

Hello Xircal!

I did exactly what you told me, but the problem still exists.

Megavideo still tells me:

"

You need a newer Flash player version to use this player. Please click here and update your Flash player to the latest version or open the following link manually:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

"

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ -> You have version 11,1,102,55 installed

Thus the twitch.tv livestreams don't work for me.

Any other ideas?

Check to make sure that both boxes displayed in the panel on this site are checkmarked: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

What you see there are the actual settings on your own machine. Set the slider to read 100KB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I can set it to 100kb, but I can't check the two boxes.

If I close the page and open it again, the 100kb isn't saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Treuben wrote:

Hey!

I can set it to 100kb, but I can't check the two boxes.

If I close the page and open it again, the 100kb isn't saved.

Please do the following.

1. Open Firefox, then hit ALT to toggle the text links on.
  2. Next, click Help, then "Restart with add-ons disabled".
  3. Firefox will close and you'll see a menu. Click "Continue in Safe Mode" without checkmarking any of the boxes.
  4. When Firefox restarts, all your Add-ons will be disabled. Go to the Global Settings panel again and see if you can checkmark the boxes. If you can, then one of your Firefox Add-ons is blocking your ability to do so.
  5. In that particular case, repeat steps 1 & 2, then when you get the menu, checkmark the top option which is "Disable all add-ons". Then click the button called "Make changes and restart".
  6. When Firefox restarts, re-enable your Add-ons one-by-one until the problem recurs. Then you'll know which one is the culprit.

Unfortunately, I'm going on vacation for two months and my flight departs in about 12 hours from now and I still have to pack. So regretably, won't be able to update this thread again until I get back again in mid-March. But the fact that you can't checkmark the boxes would seem to indicate that something you have installed is preventing that. Here's a list of problematical extensions which might provide a few clues: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there!

at first: thanks for your help

but I can't still check any boxes. Tried also to disable my AV: no success.

I remember that I have had such a problem years ago... anything with folder/file-rights. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2012 Feb 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

push!

problem still exists.

format c: -> doesn't help

another internet connection (trough iphone hotspot) -> doesn't help

any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try this with Chrome and IE to see what happens there?  Can you give me a URL where this is failing?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URL1: www.twitch.tv

URL2: www.own3d.tv

Any livestream.

First I did a "format c:".

I tried it with Chrome and also with IE - no success.

Yesterday is tested to connect with my iPhone hotspot for 3G www. But it also doesn't work. Also tested my other laptop and my netbook - no success. -> Thus I thought about a virus/trojan. Tested all tools from kaspersky and made a complete scan with Eset Nod32 - found nothing.

I installed "Firebug" for my Firefox. That happens in the error console:

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://www.twitch.tv/site_announce/header.html" header.html uncaught exception: Error in Actionscript. Use a try/catch block to find error.

(deactivated "ad-block" and "no-script")

Some of my friends told me to deactivate the "hardware acceleration" (right click on the livestream -> settings). If I click it off and close the window it's activated again the next time I check it.

Finally I don't think it's a problem with your flash player ... anything is wrong, but I don't know what exactly .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try disabling temporarily your security software and reset your hosts file to see if that helps?  When you bring up the live stream pages (like on twitch) what does the player show?  Just a black screen?  If you right click on it, does it show the flash player menu?

How do I reset the hosts file back to default?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 29, 2012 Feb 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

downloaded "MicrosoftFixit50267.msi" -> disabled Nod32 ESET -> installed the fix and restarted my computer

disabled Nod32 ESET again -> firefox and testes twitch.tv / own3d.tv

I just see a white background (on the mainpage it's a black background, but I think it depens on the background setting of that page I want to watch). If I right-click I can see the menue.

problem.jpg

problem2.jpg

2 pictures from twitch.tv. First one is a specific livestream channel, second one is the mainpage.

another pic as an evidence 😆

sucinstalled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try disabling all your startup items/services and see if that makes a difference with either the playback or the ability to disable hardware acceleration?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404984.html

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris!

First: Thanks for your advices!

I did what the support page told me. But same issues: De-Select hardware acceleration -> next time I right-click it's selected again. Same for the livestreams - nothing changes.

This problem makes me crazy. Sometimes I belief it's a worm/trojan/virus ... I can't get it -_-

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again!

It's 5:28am and I can't sleep because of that problem.

I'm just sitting at the workstation of my father (same house, same network, same internet connection). Here it works without any problems (well, okay just twitch.tv works. at own3d.tv it asks for installing flash player 11.1 which I denied - I don't want to change anything here)

I also can change the hardware acceleration. It safes my settings.

Firefox: 10.0

Plugins:

Shockwave Flash

Datei: NPSWF32.dll
Version: 10.0.45.2
Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
application/x-shockwave-flashAdobe Flash movieswf
application/futuresplashFutureSplash moviespl

Windows Presentation Foundation

Datei: NPWPF.dll
Version: 3.5.30729.1
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
application/x-ms-xbapXAML Browser Applicationxbap
application/xaml+xmlXAML Documentxaml

Microsoft® DRM

Datei: npdrmv2.dll
Version: 9.0.0.4503
DRM Netscape Network Object
application/x-drm-v2Network Interface Pluginnip

Microsoft® DRM

Datei: npwmsdrm.dll
Version: 9.0.0.4503
DRM Store Netscape Plugin
application/x-drmNetwork Interface Pluginnip

Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library

Datei: npdsplay.dll
Version: 3.0.2.629
Npdsplay dll
application/asxMedia Files*
video/x-ms-asf-pluginMedia Files*
application/x-mplayer2Media Files*
video/x-ms-asfMedia Filesasf,asx,*
video/x-ms-wmMedia Fileswm,*
audio/x-ms-wmaMedia Fileswma,*
audio/x-ms-waxMedia Fileswax,*
video/x-ms-wmvMedia Fileswmv,*
video/x-ms-wvxMedia Fileswvx,*

Shockwave for Director

Datei: np32dsw.dll
Version: 11.0.0.429
Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
application/x-directorShockwave Moviedir,dxr,dcr

2007 Microsoft Office system

Datei: NPOFF12.DLL
Version: 12.0.4518.1014
Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
application/x-msoffice1212.0.4518.1014

here a picture of the adobe flash player version check page:

sucflash.JPG

I need to check these buttons before I can see all the flash animations.

(You have version 10,0,45,2 installed)

Difference to my notebook/netbook/workstation:

- Flash Player version

- OS (win7 on my other computers)

- Firefox version

- installed host/client of "TeamViewer"

- connection to my network trough wlan (but I think that isn't important)

On my computers (windows 7) I always deactivate the "UAC" (User Account Control), because I hate always to check "yes" if I want to do anything. Maybe there is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try doing a clean install.  In particular, please manually delete the folders called out in this FAQ:

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

If that doesn't work, try putting UAC back to normal and see what happens.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris!

I did follow your advice, but nothing changed.

BUT:

I just created a new user "test123" for my PC, a normal user no administrator. Logged in to my new user and saw that firefox, skype was already installed but NO flash. okay, I started first IE and updated it to version 9 (up from 8). Next I installed flash player, restarted my system, logged in as the new user "test123" and IT WORKS. I don't know why, but I can watch twitch.tv and own3d.tv with IE. Checked it also for Firefox but it didn't work.

After that I logged back to my administrator account - nothing changed here, same issues. No stream at FF no stream at IE. One interesting thing happens here: I opened twitch.tv and there was first a message in the "black box" that I should install flash player. That message disappears 5 seconds later but the "black box" remains.

Anything is wrong there ... But what?

- reinstalled firefox. nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new user account, did you try installing Flash Player for Firefox?  It sounds like you're running into file/folder permission issues, I'll see if I can find some commands that will spit this information out for us so we can compare against your working account.

As for the black box, when you right click it does the Flash Player context menu appear?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this: http://kb2.adobe.com/de/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html

But that didn't solve my issues.

The "Black Box" always give me the menue if I right-click.

I installed Firefox for all users, so the plugin was already available for user "test123".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well..

Are you ready for a REALLY REALLY REALLY ridicoulos solution?

Here we go:

Today is did again a format c:. At my first boot I installed all windows updates. Restart. Then I installed IE9. Restart. After that I installed Flash Active-X and Plugin. Tested on botch: Same issue like before.

I thought: "What the heck..." But after that I tried the "create a new user"-"solution". 2 Users: "test1" non admin account, "test2" admin account. For BOTH accounts the issue was fixed. Yes, with BOTH new accounts I can watch twitch.tv and own3d.tv. With my old account I can't watch it. I deleted my first admin account, renamed the second and also deleted the user-account "test1". Problem solved.

I don't know why that works and why there is a difference between admin account 1 and admin account 2, but it works for me.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also had this problem and managed to fix it by doing the following, found at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889577?tstart=0:

1. Close all browsers
  2. Open an explorer window
  3. Navigate to the following folders and delete the contents
    • %appdata%\adobe\Flash Player\
    • %appdata%\macromedia\

Perhaps it will help you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Herr Treuben ... danke.

I've had this same problem for a long time.  It's always an embedded object of the form:  application/x-shockwave-flash that fails for me.  The problem is the same with IE8, IE9, Firefox 11, Firefox 13, Opera, and Safari ... on my desktop computer.  My laptop shows the flash on those same sites without a problem.  Note that flash content which is NOT embedded plays just fine on my desktop.

I've also deleted, cleaned up, and reinstalled everything with the firewall and antivirus disabled ... but no change.

Following reading your information, I enabled and logged in to my Guest account ... and the embedded flash objects play without any problem.

I have no idea what's up, but it's nice to see that something works to solve this.

(There's one website that I refused to order from, because I couldn't see their images.  Now I can.)

Thanks.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines