• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help wanted-Updating Robohelp documents

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2006 Oct 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone please help me to update the help file created in robohelp from Word docs.To get a clear idea,each time we create new topics in Word,how can we update the same automatically rather than doing it manually.Pleeeease help...its urgent!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi smi_nisah and welcome to the forums. If I get you right, you have people writing topics in a word document which need to be replicated in RH? If so, you can import word documents into RH but if your .DOC file has multiple topics in it, all will be imported into a single topic in RH. There are pros and cons with importing word docs though (not least the bloated HTML code) generated. You can get around these but it's a judgement call as to whether importing over cut/paste is the best way forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention you can check out the following link at Peter Grainge's excellent site ( Importing Word Documents) for further info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum

Just a note for anyone reading this. I'm unsure as to whether smi_nishad is using RoboHelp for Word or RoboHelp HTML. But if I'm understanding you correctly, you are advising as if it's RoboHelp HTML. Actually, I would probably agree too, based on what was presented.

Okay, so why my post? (I knew you would ask )

When you import a Word document into RoboHelp HTML, you normally see a screen or two that allows different options for handling the Word content. One of the options is how to break it up and split it into different HTML topics. I think the default is to split on Heading 1. So as long as some due diligence has occurred with using styles (yeah, with inexperienced Word users, it's a gamble, but you never know!) you end up with multiple topics and not a large single topic as was suggested earlier.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2006 Oct 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Friends...

I still havnet got an answer to my doubt...its for both HTML n WORD...let me make things clear...i am developing a helpfile for a software.....which is still in the devlopment stage..so as days passes by you get to add in more topics....rather than cutting pasting...is there any mechanism that will simultaneously automatically update the contents within the helpfiles in robohelp once the related word documents say user manual for eg is updated...i hope u have got my requirement clear..please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2006 Oct 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I can't believe you are using RH HTML and RH for Word so it seems like the answer to everyone's question is that you are using RH HTML and updating a Word document. Why? Reminds me of Rick's saying, it's like changing the spark plugs via the exhaust pipe. Why make the changes in Word when you could make them direct in RH?

If that is not it, by now you must be able to see that we are all strugging to understand quite what your process is so please try again.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp