• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Flashplayer Upgrade' Failure... Leads to Loss of Active 11.1.102.62 & Replacement Issues

Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having had Flash Player version 11.1.102.62 operating successfully on a 32-bit XP desktop (Intel Pentium 4; 2.80 GHz; Firefox) for some time... yesterday I responded to Adobe prompting to install an update.  Never having had previous issues in that process with our system... couldn't download the update.

Followed on-line help suggestions with no success.  Initially, was able to get the downloading started & got to the point of shutting down Firefox to allow the download to continue its progression... but couldn't get past that hurdle.  Followed the suggestion to remove the existing/active Flash Player... and after accomplishing that, couldn't even get past the third step in that download process.  Clicking "Run" on the "Open File" Security Warning for the ".exe" window generated the following error message:  "script error on line 268, character 1, error: Expected '}', code: 0, URL: http://127.0.0.1:1679/app/_is/actionlist.js".  Clicking "Yes" to continue running scripts on that page resulted in two more similarly-formatted error messages... and beyond that, nothing happened.  The process was seemingly locked up.

Now about 8 hours into a fruitless and frustrating exercise of research for resolution, I've registered for my first experience in this forum.  I will try to post this plea for help ... and try to learn the navigation system in this new environment!

Any insight... thoughts... or suggestions will be much appreciated!!!

AKSU66

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Download this file: Flash Player for other browsers

Do a clean install:  How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

When you get to the install part, physically disconnect from the Internet and run the downloaded installer file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

After downloading the installer, disconnect from the internet and run the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, on the first attempt to download the upgrade... I got to the point where disconnecting from the internet (shutting down Firefox in our instance) was the prelude to running the installer and finalizing the upgrades... but then  once disconnected, I couldn't get past the installer's  third step:  running the ".exe" file... in order to then  authorize the Flashplayer program to make the revisions to our computer.

Having shut down Foxfire, it was after requesting the "Run" of that ".exe" in the third dialog box that I encountered the script error messages described in my original posting... and continuing with "scripts on that page"... eventually stalled out after the 3rd error message dialog box appeared.

Thank you for responding, Carl.

Arnie Krogh

Cell:  (916) 607-1443

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download this file: Flash Player for other browsers

Do a clean install:  How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

When you get to the install part, physically disconnect from the Internet and run the downloaded installer file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracking and attempting... Thanks!

Arnie Krogh

Cell: (916) 607-1443

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2012 Mar 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl, wanted to thank you for the assistance and key advice that led me to a resolution... particularly your emphasis on the physical disconnect prior to running the installer file!

Up and "flashing" again!!!

Arnie Krogh

Cell: (916) 607-1443

P.S. Been trying to log on to appropriately confirm this in the forum... but have some kind of a glitch with the password established for my account on Friday. Will hopefully get that squared away soon, so I can publicly acknowledge this outcome and the value of your assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Carl... "Up & Flashing", due to your helpful guidance!

Looked for a way to toggle the BOLD, RED label on the original posting of my issue -- from "This question is Not Answered"... to " This issue is RESOLVED " -- but can't find a method to accomplish that.

Nor, for what it's worth, can I find a means of awarding you ten well-deserved points for "the correct answer" (if that's the intent of the Legend displayed in the right margin, adjacent to the dialog).

So other than having posted that feedback in the "suggestions box", I'll sign out now and express my appreciation in this concluding message.

Thank You Very Much!

Arnie Krogh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines