7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2013 12:54 AM by Afreesh RSS

Object layer visibility - Applescript

Evilia_77 Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to write a script to change the object layer visibility in my documents. I get an error -1708. Does anyone can help me please.

this is my script

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS5.5"

activate

if active book exists then

else

set GetParentPath to ((choose file with prompt "Kies een Indesignbook:" of type "IDb5.5"))

open GetParentPath

delay 1

end if

end tell

tell active book

set fileList to full name of book contents

end tell

--general

set CountryArray to {"BE", "FR", "NL", "EX", "DE", "NO"}

set CountryID to choose from list CountryArray with prompt "Selecteer de juiste catalogus prijzen." OK button name "Update book" without multiple selections allowed

--make all layers visible

repeat with aFile in fileList

set theDoc to open aFile

set myDocument to active document

tell myDocument

set layers's visible to true

set var_linkcount to count of links

repeat with j from 1 to var_linkcount

tell graphic layer options of parent of link j

try

set graphic layers's visible to true

if CountryID is false then return

set Country to characters 1 thru 2 of item 1 of CountryID as string

set ActiveLayerOption to (Country & " prices")

set DeactivateLayerOption to {}

repeat with x from 1 to count of CountryArray

set i to item x of CountryArray as string

if i is Country then

else

set thisLayer to (i & " prices")

try

set visible of graphic layer thisLayer to false

end try

end if

end repeat

end try

end tell

end repeat

end tell

close theDoc saving yes

end repeat

display dialog "Layers zijn aangepast"

end tell

• 1. Re: Object layer visibility - Applescript

I worked a little bit on the script.. I could resolve the error but now I am wondering how I can put the visiblility of all graphic layers to true..

activate

if active book exists then

else

set GetParentPath to ((choose file with prompt "Kies een Indesignbook:" of type "IDb5.5"))

open GetParentPath

delay 1

end if

end tell

tell active book

set fileList to full name of book contents

end tell

--general

set CountryArray to {"BE", "FR", "NL", "EX", "DE", "NO"}

set CountryID to choose from list CountryArray with prompt "Selecteer de juiste catalogus prijzen." OK button name "Update book" without multiple selections allowed

if CountryID is false then return

set Country to characters 1 thru 2 of item 1 of CountryID as string

--make all layers visible

repeat with aFile in fileList

set theDoc to open aFile

set myDocument to active document

tell myDocument

set layers's visible to true

set var_linkcount to count of links

repeat with j from 1 to var_linkcount

tell graphic layer options of parent of link j

set ActiveLayerOption to (Country & " prices")

set DeactivateLayerOption to {}

repeat with x from 1 to count of CountryArray

set i to item x of CountryArray as string

if i is Country then

try

set current visibility of graphic layer thisLayer to true

end try

else

try

set current visibility of graphic layer thisLayer to false

end try

end if

end repeat

end tell

end repeat

end tell

close theDoc saving yes

end repeat

display dialog "Layers zijn aangepast"

end tell

• 2. Re: Object layer visibility - Applescript
            [Jongware] MVP

Hoi Evilia,

(continuing in English ;) I've had some problems in Javascript doing the same thing. It seems to me changing a layer of an image invalidates the original reference to that image, so you have to "refresh" any pointers to it. See my Javascript near the bottom of this post: http://indesignsecrets.com/forum/indesign-add-ons-scripts-scripting-and-plug-ins/object-la yer-options-scripting

• 3. Re: Object layer visibility - Applescript

Hi,

I already arranged to change layers visibility of documents, thanks.

To make interactive documents I 've placed the original documents in a new indesign document as a image. Above this layer I put some interactivity. All the layers of the new documents are visibile. The only problem is the layers of the original document. I want to change them in the new document with object layer options (without changing the orignal document). My script changedse visibility of the language layers of the placed document, but I want to check that all layers of the placed document are visibile (before hiding the languages I don't want to use)

I hope you can understand my problem.. maybe you can help me with it..

thanks

• 4. Re: Object layer visibility - Applescript
                Afreesh

Hi everyone, does anybody have the magic script to avoid the problem of invalidated images still on his computer ? The link is not available anymore and I can't find it anywhere else :(

• 7. Re: Object layer visibility - Applescript
                  Afreesh Community Member

Thanks to both of you, my script is now working