Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Version will not play win7-64bit ie

Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 7 - 64 Bit - IE.   About Feb 25, Adobe pop-up for 'Install new version' available for Flash player, which I did.  Initially it would only install 12% then stopped.  Several times tried, and received 'timed out' and installation not successful.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, and would not go in.   I was working on another program when Internet Explorer popped up a 'window' with button to install Flash, and - did so, and it appeared to be successful.  Program Files show it installed v.11.1.102.63.   

Tried to play anything - card games, radar weather sites (intellicast.com), YouTube - - - will not play anything.  I get a black square and nothing happens.  We've done this over and over and over since the 25th.  I have never had a problem with flash until this incident. 

My professional appraisal software will not operate with another browser.  I have to use Internet Explorer.  I am told that the only answer is another browser?  What? 

Also:  Tried to install an older version 10.1 back into the computer - get an enormous amount of pages of gibberish - looks like DOS program writing.  Have no idea what is going on and I'm desperate for help with this.  

Thank you very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files are in folders C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash?

Have you tried a clean install: How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Is Flash Player enable? Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9

Is ActiveX filtering unchecked? Re: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files in C:Windows/System32 ....flash:

Flash64_11_1_102.ocx

FlashInstall

FlashUtil64_11_1_102_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil64_11_1_102_ActiveX

Files in C:Windows/Syswow64/...flash:

FlashPlayerTrust

Flas11j.ocx

FlashInstall

FlashUtil11g_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil11j_ActiveX

Yes, have done a clean install

Flash Player enable: Adobe Flash Player site says in box "You have version 11,1,102,63 installed"

Manage add-ons says 'Shockwave Flash Object is enabled as of 3/5  ( today we uninstalled/reinstalled...again )

Active X:  In tools, security, etc. -  Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls is disabled

Hope this is what you are asking for?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

under Windows/syswow64 etc... typo - file is Flash11g.ocx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And FlashUtil11j_ActiveX is also a typo?

In Internet options, Security tab, Internet zone, if the button Default level is not greyed out, press it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes re:typo... sorry but I cut the end of my thumb off awhile ago!  Typing is a little tricky at present with this bandaging!

I have grayed out the button.  The box is checked for 'Enabled protected mode', though, is that correct? 

Tried again since graying out - no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to this site and install WebM: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/webmmf

Then go to youtube and see if the videos will play.

Also go to this site: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed it - YouTube no play - same empty black square.  Rats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny thing on the kb2.adobe.com link - I can't see the movie play and there is NO error message!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I.E.9 will neither play Flash Player or HTML5.

Install Google Chrome and see if it will play videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that it will mess up my appraisal software, as we are advised not to use Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want you to use your appraisal software with Chrome.  If Chrome can play videos, that tells me that I.E. has a problem: if Chrome can not play videos, that tells me that something else is the problem.  If you want, choose some other browser and install Flash Player for it.  I suggested Chrome because Flash Player is embedded into Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Chrome and figured I could uninstall later.  YouTube will not play - it is the same.

We have 2 computers, different operating systems (my husband has XP), doing the same thing.  And I have another friend with the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have 2 computers, different operating systems (my husband has XP), doing the same thing. And I have another friend with the same issue.

This information is of no value in solving the problem unless all three of you have done that same thing to your computers.

What was your previous Flash Player version?

What is your vidoe adapter and driver version?

Have you done a system restore to a date prior to the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot answer for the other 2 computers, tho' my husband is working diligently trying to solve his problem, but only spoke of it to let you know that this is not an isolated incident.  Our main focus at present is this one.

The previous flash version was 10.?  I think I remember seeing a 10.3 at one point, but honestly don't know.  Is there any place on the computer that would show that?

Computer video information I have is: 

Sager NP8760 computer - nVIDIA GeForce GTX 285M 1GB GDDR3

Driver Version: 8.17.12.6658

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download these two files:'

Windows 64-bit: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash _player_64bit.exe

Flash Player for Internet Explorer

Exit browser and disconnect from the Internet.

Run uninstaller and reboot.

Delete the Flash folder in folders C:\Windows\System32\Macromed and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed.

Delete the Flash Player folder in %appdata%\Adobe and %appdata%\Macromedia.

Run installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl, where do I find %appdata%\Adobe and %appdata%\Macromedia ?  The rest of the info I'm ready to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searched and found - here goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe gave me this forum as a one-time use .  Is there going to be a problem getting back after I disconnect?  My email woodieswife@yahoo.com - if you don't hear from me in a few minutes, would you please be kind enough to contact me?  Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - Everything went find, but the link you gave me for 'install' comes out looking like this (which is what I've encountered many times while trying to fix this in a direct link):

8211104 Content-Type: application/octet-stream Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 23:30:52 GMT Connection: close ETag: "2c447a-7d4aa0-4b8f403418840" MZ  ÿÿ¸@ð  º ´ Í!¸ LÍ!This program cannot be run in DOS mode. $Ÿ²–”ÛÓøÇÛÓøÇÛÓøÇŁ|ÇØÓøÇü ƒÇØÓøÇÛÓùÇ®ÓøÇÒ«|ÇÐÓøÇÒ«{ÇÞÓøÇŁlÇÚÓøÇÛÓoÇÚÓøÇÒ«iÇÚÓøÇRichÛÓøÇPEd† ê»9Oð"   ö:|¼c @       p} Ë7~ @     (8 (` ”ú{P Ü 4}  `}à      ˜ ˜/  .textÒô ö  `.rdataF-  .ú@@.datax @  ( @À.pdataÜ P  , @@.rsrc”ú{` ü{6 @@.relocô `} 2}@BéïSÌÌÌ@SHƒì HcÙHL  HƒáøHƒÁ è­SH Öÿÿÿ‰X H‰H Ç HƒÄ [ÃÌÌÌHƒ!ƒa H‹ÁÃH‹ H‰ ‹B ‰A H‹ H…Àt ÿH‹ÁÃÌÌH‹ 3ÀH;Ðt ‹B +A ÃÌÌÌH‹ 3ÀH;Ðt HcA HDB ÃL‹ L‹ÊL‹ÙM…Òt E‹B D+B ë E3ÀH‹ H…Òt ‹B +A ë 3ÀD;À~ 2ÀÃIcC IcÈH ÁL\B IcA H ÁILB ë Iƒë Hƒé AÿÈA · f9 uÌE…Àuç° ÃÌÌ@SHƒì H‹ 3ÛL‹ÁH;Ãt ‹@ +B ë ‹ÃH‹ H;Ët ‹I A+H ë ‹Ë;Áu I‹ÈèTÿÿÿ:Ãt » ŠÃHƒÄ [ÃÌÌÌH‹ H…Òu 3ÀÃD‹J HcA E3ÀHLB E2ÒH‹ÑE…ÉtVAƒËÿfƒ:0s fƒ:9v HƒÂ E ËuëE…Ét8H;Ñv fƒzþ-E ¶Ò¸ D DÐfƒ:0r fƒ:9w  · C €HƒÂ E ËDDHÐußA‹È÷ÙE„ÒD EÁA‹ÀÃH‰\$ H‰l$ H‰t$ WHƒì H‹ 3íA‹ØH‹úH‹ñH;Åt ÿ 9( H‹ÈÿP H;ýu H‰.ëC;Ý H‹Çf9/t HƒÀ ÿÃf9(uõ‹ËèÑýÿÿH‰ HH ‹ÃÿË;Åt  · HƒÇ f‰ HƒÁ f;Åuåf‰)H‹\$0H‹l$8H‹t$@HƒÄ _ÃÌÌÌH‰\$ H‰l$ H‰t$ WATAUHƒì H‹ E3äA‹ðH‹ÚH‹éA‹üI;Ät ÿ D9  H‹ÈÿP I;Ü „×H‹ËA½ ë?Š A:ÄtM<€r)<àr <ðr HƒÁ ¸ ë HƒÁ ¸ ë HƒÁ ¸ ë I ÍA‹Å+ðA ýA;ôA‹Ä ŸÀA;ôA LÅA;Äu¬‹ÏèéüÿÿH‰EHP ë^Š A+ýA:ÄtY<€r@<àr&<ðr ¹ÿÿë: ¶È‹Áƒá Áá ƒà? ÈÁá  ÈHƒÃ ë  ¶À‹Èƒà?ƒá Áá  ÈHƒÃ ë  ¶ÈƒáI Ýf‰ ....

It goes on for probably 50 pages or so.  That's it....

So, I'm uninstalled, but the install is not completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woodieswife wrote:

Ok - Everything went find, but the link you gave me for 'install' comes out looking like this (which is what I've encountered many times while trying to fix this in a direct link):

8211104 Content-Type: application/octet-stream Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 23:30:52 GMT Connection: close ETag: "2c447a-7d4aa0-4b8f403418840" MZ  ÿÿ¸@ð  º ´ Í!¸ LÍ!This program cannot be run in DOS mode. $Ÿ²–”ÛÓøÇÛÓøÇÛÓøÇŁ|ÇØÓøÇü ƒÇØÓøÇÛÓùÇ®ÓøÇÒ«|ÇÐÓøÇÒ«{ÇÞÓøÇŁlÇÚÓøÇÛÓoÇÚÓøÇÒ«iÇÚÓøÇRichÛÓøÇPEd† ê»9Oð"   ö:|¼c @       p} Ë7~ @     (8 (` ”ú{P Ü 4}  `}à      ˜ ˜/  .textÒô ö  `.rdataF-  .ú@@.datax @  ( @À.pdataÜ P  , @@.rsrc”ú{` ü{6 @@.relocô `} 2}@BéïSÌÌÌ@SHƒì HcÙHL  HƒáøHƒÁ è­SH Öÿÿÿ‰X H‰H Ç HƒÄ [ÃÌÌÌHƒ!ƒa H‹ÁÃH‹ H‰ ‹B ‰A H‹ H…Àt ÿH‹ÁÃÌÌH‹ 3ÀH;Ðt ‹B +A ÃÌÌÌH‹ 3ÀH;Ðt HcA HDB ÃL‹ L‹ÊL‹ÙM…Òt E‹B D+B ë E3ÀH‹ H…Òt ‹B +A ë 3ÀD;À~ 2ÀÃIcC IcÈH ÁL\B IcA H ÁILB ë Iƒë Hƒé AÿÈA · f9 uÌE…Àuç° ÃÌÌ@SHƒì H‹ 3ÛL‹ÁH;Ãt ‹@ +B ë ‹ÃH‹ H;Ët ‹I A+H ë ‹Ë;Áu I‹ÈèTÿÿÿ:Ãt » ŠÃHƒÄ [ÃÌÌÌH‹ H…Òu 3ÀÃD‹J HcA E3ÀHLB E2ÒH‹ÑE…ÉtVAƒËÿfƒ:0s fƒ:9v HƒÂ E ËuëE…Ét8H;Ñv fƒzþ-E ¶Ò¸ D DÐfƒ:0r fƒ:9w  · C €HƒÂ E ËDDHÐußA‹È÷ÙE„ÒD EÁA‹ÀÃH‰\$ H‰l$ H‰t$ WHƒì H‹ 3íA‹ØH‹úH‹ñH;Åt ÿ 9( H‹ÈÿP H;ýu H‰.ëC;Ý H‹Çf9/t HƒÀ ÿÃf9(uõ‹ËèÑýÿÿH‰ HH ‹ÃÿË;Åt  · HƒÇ f‰ HƒÁ f;Åuåf‰)H‹\$0H‹l$8H‹t$@HƒÄ _ÃÌÌÌH‰\$ H‰l$ H‰t$ WATAUHƒì H‹ E3äA‹ðH‹ÚH‹éA‹üI;Ät ÿ D9  H‹ÈÿP I;Ü „×H‹ËA½ ë?Š A:ÄtM<€r)<àr <ðr HƒÁ ¸ ë HƒÁ ¸ ë HƒÁ ¸ ë I ÍA‹Å+ðA ýA;ôA‹Ä ŸÀA;ôA LÅA;Äu¬‹ÏèéüÿÿH‰EHP ë^Š A+ýA:ÄtY<€r@<àr&<ðr ¹ÿÿë: ¶È‹Áƒá Áá ƒà? ÈÁá  ÈHƒÃ ë  ¶À‹Èƒà?ƒá Áá  ÈHƒÃ ë  ¶ÈƒáI Ýf‰ ....

It goes on for probably 50 pages or so.  That's it....

So, I'm uninstalled, but the install is not completed.

What do you mean that it comes out looking like this?  It is a .exe file, it should just run.  Just how are you seeing the above on the screen?????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the link, this is what happens - it opens up to pages of gibberish.  Does not go to exe. or run or anything - I'm seeing it just like I pasted it.  It looks like program DOS writing or something?  It's almost like its pasted to

8211104 Content-Type: application/octet-stream Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 23:30:52 GMT Connection: close ETag: "2c447a-7d4aa0-4b8f403418840" MZ  ÿÿ¸@ð  º ´ Í!¸ LÍ!This program cannot be run in DOS mode. $Ÿ²–”ÛÓøÇÛÓøÇÛÓøÇŁ|ÇØÓøÇü ƒÇØÓøÇÛÓùÇ®ÓøÇÒ«|ÇÐÓøÇÒ«{ÇÞÓøÇŁlÇÚÓøÇÛÓoÇÚÓøÇÒ«iÇÚÓøÇRichÛÓøÇPEd† ê»9Oð"   ö:|¼c @       p} Ë7~ @     (8 (` ”ú{P Ü 4}  `}à      ˜ ˜/  .textÒô ö  `.rdataF-  .ú@@.datax @  ( @À.pdataÜ P  , @@.rsrc”ú{` ü{6 @@.relocô `} 2}@BéïSÌÌÌ@SHƒì HcÙHL  HƒáøHƒÁ è­SH Öÿÿÿ‰X H‰H Ç HƒÄ [ÃÌÌÌHƒ!ƒa H‹ÁÃH‹ H‰ ‹B ‰A H‹ H…Àt ÿH‹ÁÃÌÌH‹ 3ÀH;Ðt ‹B +A ÃÌÌÌH‹ 3ÀH;Ðt HcA HDB ÃL‹ L‹ÊL‹ÙM…Òt E‹B D+B ë E3ÀH‹ H…Òt ‹B +A ë 3ÀD;À~ 2ÀÃIcC IcÈH ÁL\B IcA H ÁILB ë Iƒë Hƒé AÿÈA · f9 uÌE…Àuç° ÃÌÌ@SHƒì H‹ 3ÛL‹ÁH;Ãt ‹@ +B ë ‹ÃH‹ H;Ët ‹I A+H ë ‹Ë;Áu I‹ÈèTÿÿÿ:Ãt » ŠÃHƒÄ [ÃÌÌÌH‹ H…Òu 3ÀÃD‹J HcA E3ÀHLB E2ÒH‹ÑE…ÉtVAƒËÿfƒ:0s fƒ:9v HƒÂ E ËuëE…Ét8H;Ñv fƒzþ-E ¶Ò¸ D DÐfƒ:0r fƒ:9w  · C €HƒÂ E ËDDHÐußA‹È÷ÙE„ÒD EÁA‹ÀÃH‰\$ H‰l$ H‰t$ WHƒì H‹ 3íA‹ØH‹úH‹ñH;Åt ÿ 9( H‹ÈÿP H;ýu H‰.ëC;Ý H‹Çf9/t HƒÀ ÿÃf9(uõ‹ËèÑýÿÿH‰ HH ‹ÃÿË;Åt  · HƒÇ f‰ HƒÁ f;Åuåf‰)H‹\$0H‹l$8H‹t$@HƒÄ _ÃÌÌÌH‰\$ H‰l$ H‰t$ WATAUHƒì H‹ E3äA‹ðH‹ÚH‹éA‹üI;Ät ÿ D9  H‹ÈÿP I;Ü „×H‹ËA½ ë?Š A:ÄtM<€r)<àr <ðr HƒÁ ¸ ë HƒÁ ¸ ë HƒÁ ¸ ë I ÍA‹Å+ðA ýA;ôA‹Ä ŸÀA;ôA LÅA;Äu¬‹ÏèéüÿÿH‰EHP ë^Š A+ýA:ÄtY<€r@<àr&<ðr ¹ÿÿë: ¶È‹Áƒá Áá ƒà? ÈÁá  ÈHƒÃ ë  ¶À‹Èƒà?ƒá Áá  ÈHƒÃ ë  ¶ÈƒáI Ýf‰

all kinds of symbols and letters and numbers, etc.  I had downloaded it to my desktop as:  C:\Users\Joy\Desktop\install_flash_player_11_active_x_64bit.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your desktop, right click the file, choose Properties and find out what is the Type of file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML Document (.htm)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving from a link in the online message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines