Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE and Kobo = RUIN!

Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so ADE and Kobo have been working along fine on my Mac OS X, until recently. ADE on its own is fine, opens both PDF and Epubs, but the problem comes as soon as the Kobo is hooked into the Mac. The ADE system won't even open. It just hangs there.

I've also tried dragging and dropping the downloaded books directly from the Mac (without using the ADE), but for some reason the books don't appear in the device library.

ADE has been re-installed, Kobo as undergone a basic reset (not the factory reset), and still the problem persists. (Kobo is also up to date on all the latest software upgrades)

I've no idea how to de-authorize the Kobo from the ADE to try and re-authorize, since I can't find that info on Adobe's short-cut list.

Can anybody please PLEASE help??

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2012 Mar 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Success!

So had to uninstall ADE from the Mac (which included deleting the content files hiding in the Library, which do NOT automatically delete when unistalling the application), and re-installed it. Books were reloaded onto the new version of ADE (to avoid those pesky licencing problems). Kobo was factory reset, which wiped out everything.

Both the kobo and the Mac were again authorized on the new ADE, and books were uploaded successfully onto Kobo.

Yay!
Thanks for the help, guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines