15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2012 3:37 AM by tulehu RSS

premiere elements shutting down

tulehu

we are using premiere elements 9. the programe shut down when you work with is at any time doing different kind of steps on multiple Mac's. It doesn't matter if you are working 10 minutes or 20 after a while is closses without reporting any problem.

can anyone help me out.

greetings

ronald

ps sorry for my bad english

• 1. Re: premiere elements shutting down
          Steve Grisetti MVP

If you are using Premiere Elements on a network, there are some special things things you need to do.

I'd recommend you contact Adobe Tech Support by clicking the Contact Adobe button at the bottom of this web page.

• 2. Re: premiere elements shutting down
            tulehu

it are all stand alone Mac's. The only thing they get from a network is the internet, you don't have to log in or so?

• 3. Re: premiere elements shutting down
              Steve Grisetti MVP

Which version of the operating system are you using?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format is it?

When you start your Premiere Elements project, which project settings are you selecting? If you're selecting the correct project settings, there will be no red lines above the clips when you add them to your timeline. Is that what is happening in your projects?

Do you render your timelines whenever you see red lines above the clips?

• 4. Re: premiere elements shutting down
                tulehu

we are using Mac OS X version 10.6.8

using  panasonic SDR SW2 and HDC SD60 one is MTS the other on MOD

selecting PAL DV (options standart and widescreen)

if you import a clip there's a small red line, but it turns into green when you render.

• 5. Re: premiere elements shutting down
                  Steve Grisetti MVP

First, we highly recommend against using two such different formats in the same project. It almost always leads to problems.

Second, your project settings are incorrect for BOTH formats.

I could find no specs on the SDR SW2, so I don't know what format, resolution and codec it uses for its video. MOD files are usually standard definition 720x480 (720x576 PAL), but without knowing, I can't advise you on the project settings.

The HDC SD60 is an AVCHD camcorder. To edit this video, your project should be set up for AVCHD 1920x1080.

In any event, these two video formats should NOT be used in the same project together. And, as I explain in my books as well ias well as in my Basic Training tutorials, matching your project settings to your source video is VITAL to a successful video editing experience.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685

• 6. Re: premiere elements shutting down
                    tulehu

we don't use both camera's in the same project, but it happends at both different formats on different mac's. importing is not the problem, that works just fine and editing also works, but without any notion it just shuts down, no matter what you where doing ??/

• 7. Re: premiere elements shutting down
                      Steve Grisetti MVP

This is because your project settings do not match your video.

• 8. Re: premiere elements shutting down
                        Aniks Community Member

Even if you are using different clips on different project settings which is although not advisable, it should NOT crash.

Also, I couldn't figure out what would be causing the issue, but I would suggest you to have enough empty space on your HardDisk.

And, there was an update for Adobe Premiere Elements 9. Maybe, that will help.

The update can be found here

Hope it helps,

Aniks

• 9. Re: premiere elements shutting down
                          tulehu

I agree with Aniks caus the programme works fine but after 10, 20 minutes or so it just shuts down. I will install the update en try to find updates for the videodriver as well.

I will post again when I did all that

thanks 4 the help

• 10. Re: premiere elements shutting down
                            tulehu

I searched for updates but elements says it's already the latest version. when i started element at one mac I got an error. I saved the report and this is just a small part of it (the latest thread is 035)

getting a little bit hopeless over here :-(

Ronald

__________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________

Process: Adobe Premiere Elements [188]

Path: /Applications/Adobe Premiere Elements 9/Adobe Premiere Elements.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Elements

Identifier: com.adobe.Adobe Premiere Elements.framework

Version: N224.08092010.240488 (9.0)

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [94]

Date/Time: 2012-03-06 10:24:27.849 +0100

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)

Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:          1447115 sec

Crashes Since Last Report:           23

Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  80154 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   5

Anonymous UUID: 9F46D124-2F72-4F85-BE42-C4E8565DD702

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread: 0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0 com.adobe.dvacore.framework    0x0018cebc dvacore::utility::ThreadSafeMessageDialog(char const*) + 380

1 com.adobe.dvacore.framework    0x0009baab dvacore::debug::BreakAfterContractDialog(char const*, char const*, int) + 251

2 ...ore.Frameworks.AudioSupport 0x038be022 ML::CoreAudioHost::LoadCoreAudioDriver(std::basic_string<unsigned short, std::char_traits<unsigned short>, dvacore::utility::SmallBlockAllocator::STLAllocator<unsigned short> > const&) + 642

• 11. Re: premiere elements shutting down
                              Aniks Community Member

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4930

This is the link you are supposed to follow.

Also, I was wondering if you launched your app, was it from a standard user?

Thanks,

Aniks

• 12. Re: premiere elements shutting down
                                Aniks Community Member

Also, if it still doesn't solve your issue, you may want to contact Adobe Support.

They may help you.

• 13. Re: premiere elements shutting down
                                  tulehu

yes its a standard user, you don't have to log in, you just it turn on and you can use the mac and all of the programmes installed

• 14. Re: premiere elements shutting down
                                    Aniks Community Member

Yes, then the update 9.0.1 was aimed to avoid this crash. Just download that update and follow the instruction. This must fix your problem.

Thanks,

Aniks

• 15. Re: premiere elements shutting down
                                      tulehu

thanks, I will use your link for the update and i will post here if that was the solution

Ronald