Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Servers / Multiple CF Instances - Admin Advice

Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We run multiple 2008 windows servers each running multiple coldfusion 8 instances and I am finding it extremely difficult to manage all 36 coldfusion instances. (6 identical servers with 6 identical instances each). Does anyone have a setup like this, if so how do you manage patches, config changes etc. We share our IIS config across servers so 1 change affects all the others but I don't know of a way to accomplish the same for coldfusion. Also we have to unshare the config in order to add a connector through wsconfig. If anyone has any other configuration setup options, those are welcomed as well. I just need redundancy, scalability and load balancing (Hardware based) capabilites.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 02, 2012 Mar 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it hard enough to manage 8 instances across two servers. i couldnt image trying to manage 36.

What i found interesting is this... Are you saying that you maintain one jvm.config across all 36 instances?

Thats actually a great idea and never thought of that.  If that is indeed the case, any special permissions needed when sharing the file? Did you hgave to change the account CF runs under?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Merlin -

http://www.merlinmanager.com/

I've not gotten to use it yet, but it looks very interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the configuration you could align the neo-*.xml files in WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/ between your servers

for the patch and updates you could align the jar files in WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/updates/ , but some patch require to update also some other files in different location (like the one in the CFIDE ), so it's something would be better to evaluate everytime..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe ColdFusion Server Manager might be of assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation