5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2012 8:06 AM by the_wine_snob RSS

premiere elements 10/photoshop 9

hokies90

hello,

i just completed a slide show in photoshop 9 and was able to burn a dvd in the premiere elements 9 trial - it had the "trial version" across the screen though - so i purchased premiere elements 10 and can't get photoshop 9 to recognize it.  I tweaked the slide show a bit and went to send to premiere elements 10 to burn the dvd and it is telling me to download the free trial offer for premiere elements 9.... and when i try to go through the premiere elements 10 and "get media" it says my file isn't right.  any advise would greatly be appreciated - this is the first time i have tried this and i finally - after hours - thought i had it finished -

• 1. Re: premiere elements 10/photoshop 9
          the_wine_snob CommunityMVP

Welcome to the forum.

To be able to go directly between PrE and PSE, you need to have the same versions.

Otherwise, you can Export your PSE SlideShow, and Import that into PrE. However, I believe that the only format option is WMV (not the idea), and then the Break Apart function will not be available.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: premiere elements 10/photoshop 9
            hokies90 Community Member

thank you very much!  i finally got it to work after numerous attempts  -

however - now photoshop is not exporting anything for me.  I had to get 

creative with the slide show because photoshop kept freezing and wouldn't save 

in wmv file - now nothing will export - it keeps freezing .  with the slide 

show it kept freezing then giving me a runtime error - now i tried to

export  some pictures to a flash drive and it got to about 3% - but took 15 

minutes....

i know the end result is normally worth it - but getting there sure can be 

frustrating!

thanks again.

In a message dated 3/7/2012 2:15:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Re:  premiere elements 10/photoshop 9

created by Bill Hunt (http://forums.adobe.com/people/the_wine_snob)  in 

Premiere Elements - View the full  discussion

(http://forums.adobe.com/message/4251747#4251747)

• 3. Re: premiere elements 10/photoshop 9

Have you Scaled the Still Images in PSE, prior to the creation of a SlideShow? This ARTICLE goes into much more detail, and also has steps to batch Scale entire folders of Images, to be used in SlideShows.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: premiere elements 10/photoshop 9
                hokies90 Community Member

thanks very much - i don't know what is going on with photoshop - 

everytime i try to go in and do something the program closes on me.  i  never really

had a problem before and then i couldn't get the movie to save and  now i

can't export any albums or folders and it is doing something weird when i 

try to import from my camera card.  i'm just giving up for right now - i 

thought maybe i had a virus or something even - but i took a few hours on 

Saturday to scan my computer and nothing was found.

i really appreciate you getting back to me!  at least i got the slide  show

done - i just can't do anything else

In a message dated 3/12/2012 2:20:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Re:  premiere elements 10/photoshop 9

created by Bill Hunt (http://forums.adobe.com/people/the_wine_snob)  in 

Premiere Elements - View the full  discussion

(http://forums.adobe.com/message/4261994#4261994)

• 5. Re: premiere elements 10/photoshop 9

Glad that you got the SlideShow finished.

For PSElements issues, I would definitely post to the Photoshop Elements Forum, and list the full specs. of your computer, in that post. The folk over there know PSE very well, and can likely spot the problem and help you solve it.

Good luck,

Hunt