• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My flash player is not exsisting after successfull installation, what is wrong?

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got windows 7 -64bit
When my computer asked me to update my adobe flash player to the lastest version 11.1.102.63 with the McAfee extra, something went wrong in the installation. The installation froze and the update never happened.

I went to download the version myself through adobes pages and choose and here also it froze when I had the McAfee too. I tried doing it without the McAfee and it went through, but when the installation is complete I get this message flaaherror.png

I tried uninstalling all of flashplayer I could find on the computer, i restarted the computer and tried again, but it still doesn't do anything different.

I can see youtube videos on youtube, but not through facebook, not see flash player based maps or use advanced picture uploaders.
What can I do?
To avoid me having to ask up alot of words, try avoid using short versions of names in your reply Since I am quite bad with this computer language thing

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Click Start, type System Configuration, click System Configuration, click Selective startup, uncheck Load startup items, click Apply, click Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft Services, click Disable all, click Apply, click OK, click Restart.

After the reboot, run installer.

Click Start, type System Configuration, click System Configuration, click Normal startup, click Apply, click OK, click Restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this post to the Adobe Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you have in folders C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash.png I screened the folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use a browser other than Internet Explorer?

I can see youtube videos on youtube, but not through facebook, not see flash player based maps or use advanced picture uploaders.

What Flash Player based maps?

What advance picture uploaders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use explorer, just firefox. I tried downloading it for explorer too though, didn't work there either, but I didn't get the error then.
maps: I was looking for a store and the page of that store had a map wich i couldn't view.
Picture uploader: Like facebook or photobuckets easier way of uploading then 1 by 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the following files:

Windows 64-bit: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash _player_64bit.exe

Windows 32-bit Flash Player for other browsers

Exit browser and disconnect from the Internet.

Run uninstaller and reboot.

Delete the Flash folders in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed.

Run installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I did that, I got thistry1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click Start, type System Configuration, click System Configuration, click Selective startup, uncheck Load startup items, click Apply, click Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft Services, click Disable all, click Apply, click OK, click Restart.

After the reboot, run installer.

Click Start, type System Configuration, click System Configuration, click Normal startup, click Apply, click OK, click Restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now it worked, and its all working
Thank you so much for your time, help and patience
Human altruism ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines