• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error with authorization

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I down loaded adobe digital editions and was promted to authorize my computer. I put my Adobe ID in and recieved this

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate. I tried to skip authorizing and it did the same. Somebody please tell me what to do about this i am losing my patience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Yes i am using nook. I asked through my library and they said this:

The E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED error is caused by one of, or some combination of, the following three system settings:

incorrect clock time.
incorrect date.
incorrect time zone.

When you download an PDF or EPUB, the Adobe activation records timestamp information from the Adobe activation server. This information is stored inside the book. When you attempt to open the book, this information is compared to your current system informati

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having prob too ..all of a sudden..using NOOK?  I wonder if it the latest Down Load they dropped on us..on hold with Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes i am using nook. I asked through my library and they said this:

The E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED error is caused by one of, or some combination of, the following three system settings:

incorrect clock time.
incorrect date.
incorrect time zone.

When you download an PDF or EPUB, the Adobe activation records timestamp information from the Adobe activation server. This information is stored inside the book. When you attempt to open the book, this information is compared to your current system information. If your system has an incorrect time/date/time zone, then the activation server disallows the request and you cannot read the book.

If these settings are correct, then the other likely cause is opening a saved ".acsm" license file. Because these are timestamped as noted above, if they are saved and open much later than the time they are downloaded, they will cause this error. Please delete any saved .acsm files, clear the web browser cache, and download the title again from the library's website. Then, please open the file in Adobe Digital Editions immediately.

OverDrive Support Services
The problem is i can't open anybooks not even older ones from the barns and noble downloads or new one from the library. I did everything they said, I think anyway, and it doen't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines