• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't start Captivate!

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2006 Oct 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all- Just downloaded Captivate on my laptop. The installation went well, but when I click on the icon to start it, Captivate freezes at the grey square showing the version number, etc... It just freezes - I need to CTRL-ALT-DELETE to shut it down. I never get into the program. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, etc. etc..... Weird thing is this is an excellent laptop and have NEVER had this type of software problem with anything else I've downloaded. Have contacted product support, but haven't heard a word from them. I'm really at my wit's end - need to do an important presentation for my client that's due soon but can't get Captivate to start! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Trainer97

I understand you are in a crunch, but cross posting won't help. Actually, if anything it will hinder. It is also discouraged in the forum posting guidelines you can read by clicking this magickal link

Click here to see the original post where a response had been offered before this post appeared

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2006 Oct 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Rick, but none of these worked. On one of them, the registry key change, I found no "Personal Key" entry, after drilling down per the instructions. Oh well, there are plenty of other products out there... can't waste any more time on this. Will go find one that starts. (: If you can think of any other possible solution, feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops - had no idea. No harm intended. Sorry... (: Will not proceed this way again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources