Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

how to add "Comments" and attach files onto a form?

Former Community Member

My server is LiveCycle ES 2.5, trial version, Turnkey install / Express mode  with  Reader Extensions.

Client side has IE8 and Reader X 10.1.2.

User interface is the standard out-of-the-box WorkSpace ES.

I have an application that routes a PDF form through a Workflow,

the input/output of the User Tasks is a Document variable that points to the PDF form.

I know that in the WorkSpace, ther's a built-in Attachment "tab" where the user can attach files and get them routed along with the form.

But how about Reader's "attach file" (the paper clip) and annotations (the yellow sticker)?  how to allow users to use those features?

I tried it in the WorkSpace, and when the form is loaded in the IE window, those features were disabled.

How to enable them?

Do I need to modify the standard Render service? and add 'Apply Usgae Rights' or something?

is there an easier way that I missed?

thanks

3 Replies

Level 10

Yes, you should apply Usage Rights to Attach files and add Comments to the PDF.

Nith

Former Community Member

you know, I tried that Usage Rights stuff but it didn't completely work... well, it allowed me to attach files, but no yellow sticker still.

However, I got the sticky notes to work after I did a "Save As" of the PDF form and saved it as a "Static PDF".

Former Community Member

Attachments are lost if your form submits as XDP. If you change the submit type to PDF then server that same PDF back to the next user, the attachments will be there. If you decide for other reasons, you still want to submit as an XDP, take a look at this: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4316578#4316578