• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One PC, Two Kobo readers

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2012 Mar 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have Digital Editions installed on PC. Am trying to connect to 2 Kobo e-readers under 2 different accounts. Have set up 2 PC users and 2 Adobe IDs. Can't get Digital Editions to recognise second discrete user. Help 🙂 *

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True statement. ADE will not recognize two different users on the same PC

or MAC.

===============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost - ADE will not authorize to more than one AdobeID on the same Operating System ( ie Windows) User.  If you want to use the same PC you will need to create a Windows User for each AdobeID that you want to use.  (this will manage each library seperately - no sharing between them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim, at least that gives me some hope 🙂

For each of the two users (myself and my wife) I have:

* created a separate windows userid with its own email address

* created a separate AdobeID under each email address

* registered a Kobo under each email address

When I log on ADE is open under my AdobeID

When I switch windows user to my wife's account and open ADE, it still opens under my AdobeID.

How do I go about changing ADE under my wife's windows account to open under her AdobeID, while still be able to use ADE under my AdobeID in my windows account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something doesn't sound quite right with your description - just in case instead of a 'Fast User Switch' you may want to log out and log in as your wife to see what happens.

But assuming for now you authorized using the same AdobeID under both accounts - then deauthorize ADE on your wife's account (Ctrl-Shfit-D), and then reauthorize using your wife's AdobeID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim

Yes the problem was that I had initially authorised both devices using my AdobeID.

Deauthorising as suggested worked a treat.

Many Thanks

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines