• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I resolve HC3025 error "Topic ## of abc.rtf Jup to undifined topic ID: "<topic name>"?

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running RH8 for Winhelp.  this is a VERY old help project that's been updated many, many times over the years, but previously with no issues.  I compile the project and the Error wizard shows several HC3025 errors, jumps to undefined topics.  When I look at the resulting compiled help, the jumps to these topics are gone (broken?): "topic does not exist".

But, in the help project, i can do a Preview and the jumps appear fine, at least I get the window that says the there will be a link to topic x once the project is compiled.  The topic IDs do exist, and they exist in the map file.  but, in the map file, there are several map IDs preceded by a blue question mark.  I don't know what that means, but it may be significant.  Each of those topics also has a map # assigned.

How do I get RH to recognize the topics in the compiled help?

Thanks.-david s.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

David S. I have the same problem and the same circumstances. If I copy a working popup to somewhere else in the document. The copied version is broken. I can't even create new popups. When I compile, the new popups are broken. I delete the RTF file and try again, same results. If I compile with the Microsoft Help Compiler outside of RoboHelp, all the links work just fine.

Thanks - Pam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp