• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Flash Player... Please Help

Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I continue to have difficulty installing flash player on my computer and am out of ideas.  I'm running Windows 7 on my computer and have tried installing flash player for both Internet explorer version 9 and firefox version 10.0.2.  In both situations I have previously been able to download the installation ".exe" file successfully but once I try to complete the installation I can only get to 12% completion before it either times out or I get an error message saying "cannot contact reliable source".  I have researched both issues through the forums and tried the various solutions out there currently, including downloading from the adobe labs and running the uninstall program.  I am not able to download the uninstall at all (again both in internet explorer and firefox and from the various sources posted throughout the forums).  I have also checked my host file to confirm that I do not have anything blocking adobe downloads and have tried disabling my firewall to see if this would allow the installation to complete, again to no avail.

Does anybody have any further suggestions?  I previously was running flash player without any issue, but once I uninstalled the old version to download the update nothing was working.  Thanks for your help.

Dennis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for replying.... As I had mentioned my computer will not download the uninstaller for either the 32 bit of 64 bit operating system (clearly something in my computer is blocking Adobe).... if I just delete the files from those directories would that work without running the uninstaller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I just delete the files from those directories would that work without running the uninstaller?

Negative.

Try this:

Click Start, type System Configuration, click System Configuration, click Selective startup, uncheck Load startup items, click Apply, click Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft Services, click Disable all, click Apply, click OK, click Restart.

From this site: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3952360#3952360

Download the installers for the Flash Player for Internet Explorer and Flash Player for other browsers.

Download the uninstaller

Disconnect from the internet.

Run uninstaller and reboot.

Delete the Flash folder in folders C:\Windows\System32\Macromed and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed.

Run both installers.

Make sure you do the following even if no download is successful.

Click Start, type System Configuration, click System Configuration, click Normal startup, click Apply, click OK, click Restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no luck... I am able to download the installers but the uninstaller continues to go nowhere.  I click on the link to install and it does not even begin to open.  I also tried installing from the Adobe main page and was not successful their either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the properties of the installer files and find the type of file they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both files are Application files (.exe).  It does have a note saying the file came from another computer so it may be blocked with the option to unblock, but i'm going to assume that's not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what to tell you other than you have a problem with your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The uninstaller can be downloaded from various places:

If you are unable to download it from any of these, I suspect that your system may be infected with some malware.  Have you done a full malware scan recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines