• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Activating RoboHelp Office

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2006 Oct 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a RoboHelp for FrameMaker user but I'm now running into trouble with the CHM files not working with XP. WebHelp works fine but we need to begin using context-sensitive help. So, as an alternative to RoboHelp for FrameMaker, I have installed the RoboHelp Office software that Macromedia sent when they discontinued the RH FrameMaker product.

Unfortunately, I cannot activate the software because it is trying to access a Macromedia server that no longer exists. Any clues about how to active the software?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

On the activation issue, see this post.

You started by saying that you are having trouble with CHM files not working with XP. Do you mean when they are located on a network drive rather than on a local drive? If so, see this post.

If it is something else, post back.

Obviously you are unlikely to get the activation thing sorted today but it should work without activation for one week.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. I really appreciate the links! It sounds like my problem is not unique. Do you know of a way to create context-sensitive help and still use WebHelp?

Others at my company want me to scrap RoboHelp all together and use a program called Mif2Go. After downloading and printing the 844 page manual, you might understand why I am reluctant to embark on such an endeavor. I'm the sole part-time technical writer for a telecommunication company that employes 4 engineers and a staff of them offshore. It's difficult enough to keep up and I loved the way that RoboHelp for FrameMaker made the help files so easy to construct. Do you have any experience with Mif2Go?

I'm looking forward to seeing what Adobe does with RoboHelp since they are planning a new release in Spring 2007. Thanks again for the dialogue; it's great to bounce ideas off someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2006 Oct 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the csh side and Mif2Go thing...

No I haven't used Mif2Go but certainly webhelp can be used for csh. Here I am not talking about bubble text type help pops up when you hover over a field but being able to call a topic relevant to the screen or field that has focus.

Your developers can either use URLs or MapIDs. See the topics on Calling WebHelp on my site and then post back if you have any further questions.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks to everyone, for the great advice. I spoke with Shane Tracy at Adobe today via email and he sent me an activation code. I'm up and rollin'!

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Susan

Have you tried activating RoboHelp Office via the phone? That's the only way we could get it done. If you're in Australia like me, the support number is 1800 504 971. Otherwise, try accessing the Adobe Support site ( http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/), select your country and see if there's a support number listed.

Good luck
... Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

check out this thread. Adobe are aware of the current activation problems and will help you get sorted.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=447&threadid=1202102&forumid=65

They are working on the issues with the activation server but in the meantime you will be able to sort out an activation code by email or phone.

Kind regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp