10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 2:18 PM by Mark_Rausch RSS

Question with Adobe Browserlab

LFloyd10@cox.net Community Member

For the past several days, I have been unable to get service with Browserlab. After signing on, it tells me that Browserlab was unable to connect to server and that I should check my Internet connection. I have done this repeatedly, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Larry in Oklahoma City

lfloyd10@cox.net

• 1. Re: Question with Adobe Browserlab
          Mark_Rausch Employee Hosts

Hi Larry,

Where are you seeing this message? Inside of Dreamweaver in the BrowserLab panel, elsewhere inside of Dreamweaver, or in your browser in the BrowserLab UI there? Can you post a screenshot of it?

Thanks,

Mark

• 2. Re: Question with Adobe Browserlab

The message, "We have experienced a problem connecting to our servers. Please check your Internet connection and try again, is from my browser in the BrowserLab UI.

Larry

• 3. Re: Question with Adobe Browserlab

I've verified several times between last night and today that BrowserLab is up and running and that I can get screenshots from it. At this point it appears that somehow there is an issue with your connection or browser.

Can you you try the following steps?

1. Shut your machine down completely
              2. Reboot it, don't open any other software
              3. Open your browser, but don't go to BrowserLab yet.
              4. Clear the browser cache completely (cookies and history should be fine)
              5. Try going to BrowserLab again.

If that still doesn't work, can you provide details about what browser (and what version of that browser) you're using?

Can you try BrowserLab in a different browser?

Try that and let me know,

Mark

• 4. Re: Question with Adobe Browserlab

This is the most stubborn problem I've ever dealt with. I once again rebooted, cleared the Safari cache and got the same error: "We have experienced a problem connecting to our servers. Please check your Internet connection and try again."

So I chose Firefox 2 as my default browser, went through the drill and got the same error message. Wow, I'm all out of ideas.

What next?

Larry Floyd

• 5. Re: Question with Adobe Browserlab

I looked that message up. It is shown when we get a fault while trying to talk to one of our web services. Do you have any firewall software running on your system? If so, can you try turning that completely off and trying it again?

If you get the message again, can you take a screenshot of it and whatever is in the background in the browser and post that here? That might give me more ideas about what to try next.

• 6. Re: Question with Adobe Browserlab

Also, can you think of any configuration changes or new software you installed on your system since the last time you were able to successfully use BrowserLab?

• 7. Re: Question with Adobe Browserlab

Mark,

I have no firewall software to run on my computer (MacPro4,1; Quad-Core Intel Xeon; 2.66 GHz; OS X) and know of no configuration changes or new software.

Attached are screen shots of the Dreamweaver screen and the error from Adobe Browserlab.

Thanks for any help.

Larry Floyd

• 8. Re: Question with Adobe Browserlab

I don't see any screenshots

• 9. Re: Question with Adobe Browserlab

Wow, this problem goes on and on, seemingly leading to even more problems. I attached the two screen shots in the previous email, and even checked in the Sent Mail file to view them again. Nevertheless, I am repeating this process and attaching two new screen shots—one of the "failure message" on Adobe Browserlab and the other a shot of the actual page in Dreamweaver that I tried to browse on the Browserlab site.

The two screen shots are PNG files, and I'm viewing them right now inside this email.

Larry Floyd

• 10. Re: Question with Adobe Browserlab

Aha. Are you trying to post the screenshots via email? That might be the issue. I'm still not seeing any screenshots, so I think you might have to go to the forums in a browser, reply there and post your screenshots along with the reply.

Mark