• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mute Sound

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2006 Sep 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a way for a user to mute the movie background music in a presentation? Specifically, what I would like to see is a button on my movie that appears on every page that gives the user the option to mute the background music. Some people simply don't like background music.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 28, 2006 Sep 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that within Captivate it is not possible to mute background audio without muting all other audio as well. Does that answer your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2006 Oct 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have answered my question. I know that it is possible to mute sound within the captivate development tool, however, my question is rather is it possible to embedd some script or button that will allow the learner (in the published movie) to mute the background music? I appreciate your help. Although, I have somewhat restated the question for purposes of clarification, my intuition says the answer will be the same. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello johnatefunds.

I have some ActionScript code that one of the original Captivate development team created for me that will enable learners to mute all audio. Feel free to email me mf@mark-fletcher.co.uk if you would like me to send you a copy of this. It is a Flash file (FLA) so, you would need to have Macromedia Flash to open this.

Regards,
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

And if you don't happen to have Flash...

Click here to see a pre-created widget that will do this

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dad gum it!
The question was (paraphrased) " Can I mute the background audio - only?" and the answer was, and still is, " No, you cannot". Included in that answer, given early in this thread by myself, is the added thought " ...without muting all other audio as well".

The user, " johnatefunds" seems to have resisted my plain and simple "No", but in fact the question was asked twice, and answered correctly the first time ... changing the wording of the question for clarity is great - but in this case, the answer is the same because the question was properly phrased the first time.

The FLA that Mark mentioned as being created especially for him was in fact given to all (on the Advisory Board (AB)) who wanted it. The "Mute" SWF was made available to everyone on the public side by Adobe Community Expert, Paul DewHurst long ago ... which is what Rick alluded to in his correct response above ...

... but the important point here is ... it will provide NO solution to this user's problem and serves only as a confusion factor in the context of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2006 Oct 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Larry,

quote:

Originally posted by: CatBandit
The FLA that Mark mentioned as being created especially for him was in fact given to all (on the Advisory Board (AB)) who wanted it. The "Mute" SWF was made available to everyone on the public side by Adobe Community Expert, Paul DewHurst long ago ... which is what Rick alluded to in his correct response above ...

Just so that we are clear I am refering to the FLA that Erik D. created for me for the Dreamweaver 8 Getting Started interactive simulations - at the time because I was not part of the Captivate TMM programme I had not realized that Erik had made this available to TMM'ers.

Regards,
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources