• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMLE 3.2 and 3.1 not showing video after Lion 10.7.3 update...

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I've been using FMLE 3.2 professionally to stream live to ustream two times a week for more than 5 months now. Besides the general problem of FMLE crashing at launch, it has always worked ok, until now. the 10.7.3 combo updater came out and i've done the upgrade on my main machine and the Mac Book Pro that I use to stream from. Now on both machines, FMLE 3.2 (and 3.1, I tested it) refuses to show any video from either the Canon XL2 via firewire (my standard streaming setup) or via logitech 9000 on my main machine or the iSight HD camera on the Mac Book Pro. Whenever I launched FMLE before it would show the video feed in the two preview windows above. Now, nothing. Audio works fine. When I choose the video properties of the video source (little wrench next to the video source pulldown), that dialog box shows a perview window and that does work. I can see the video feed there, but not in the main part of the program. Also, I tried to send out the feed anyways and it is blank. Nothing.

This appears to be a problem with FMLE and 10.7.3. Any ideas on how to fix it besides waiting on Adobe to finally fix FMLE?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply to say that while I don't have a solution or a fix, I am seeing the exact same issue after having updated to 10.7.3. The timing for this bug to materialize could not be worse, because I am using FMLE to give live demonstrations of a CDN product, and it looks strange for the encoder to not have any preview. Running FMLE in a VM with Windows 7 is fine. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem running on 10.7.3. FMLE doesn't recognize any video capture devices what so ever. It is incredibly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the Lion 10.7.3 fresh install and I can hear the audio and not the video..when I close I get the attached error message.  I have been using this with Snow Leopard for the past year with no issues. Leocrash_report.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not wait for a fix from Adobe..I bit the bullet and purchased Wirecast..it is 10.7.3 compatible..

Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was fixin to puchase the wirecast 4.0 myself.

Thanks,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I puchased wirecast 4 & have been using it for live broadcast with church services. It works great so far and does alot more than Adobe FME. Cost is less than $500

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only problem with Wirecast is that if you need to do MBR streaming, the outputs are not I-Frame aligned. So player negotiation with the server and client gets wonky. And the uber high end encoders like Kulabyte don't even appear to use the same NetSend, so those can really get messed up for MBR systems that expect the payload to all be attached. And that puts us right back to FMLE, which I'm not so sure Adobe cares that much about. At least on the Apple platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Benjamin,

It is true that at one time the KulaByte encoder did not bundle the streams with different bitrates together, but that is no longer the case; the default now is to bundle streams but that can be disabled if desired.  In the early days of dynamic MBR streaming, most of our customers used Akamai and with Akamai you did not have to bundle the streams for flawless stream switching.  However, we did discover that with other CDN's using stock Flash Media Server, stream switching was not so good unless the streams were bundled so we fixed it.  If you are seeing something different with the current KulaByte release, let me know offline (tbaldwin@haivision.com) and we'll look into it.

Regards,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected. In all fairness I have not used Kulabyte for a while and while I aboslutly love the quality from the encoder (freakishly, amazingly awesome) I have never been able to afford it for my own personal shows. As such, I have not used it in a very long time. Glad to hear that it bundles the streams together now though!

Mac version soon? Uh... lower cost Mac version

Thanks,

Benjamin Higginbotham

Spacevidcast.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you fix, this I'm having the same problem with our New iMac computer using version 10.7.3.  Our church has been using Adobe FME on a windows computer for months with no problems. Now our "NEW" iMac will not recognize our video device on Adobe FME 3.2 or 3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2012 Feb 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem. I decided to try reinstalling FMLE and now I can't install it...beware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update from xcalybur75. I couldn't wait for Adobe to fix this so I had to buy an external HD, backup via time machine, format my hard drive and reinstall Lion up to 10.7.2 then restore from my time machine backup and it worked fine. I still have the crash problems with FMLE 3.2 and 3.1 where it crashes anywhere between 1-5 times at launch until finally it works. Once it works, I've never had it crash during streaming. I have had it crash at quit once.

So, I'm back up and running with my streaming. I hope Adobe does an overhaul of this software because it is quite bad and there are no free alternatives on the market. There aren't many other paid alternatives either, but I'm sure not paying over $1000 for one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried QuickTime Broadcaster? It works if your server supports RTSP, FFmpeg is another option.  I'm starting to get the impression FMLE is horrible, before this it would frequently crash on close and now I can't even reinstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FMLE in a way do work on 10.7.2 but it crashes when you shut it down though. Its been like this (if I remember right) since Lion was released, at least on my maschine. Apple for some reason (dont ask me why) seem to not like anything flash related at all since a while back and if you think about it FMLE is free so maby we shouldnt blame Adobe for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2012 Feb 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though the encoder is a free product many people that use it are also customers who purchased the $4500 server product to go with it with the expectation that the encoder would work, so even though this part is free it needs to be fixed immediately.

I made the mistake of trying to reinstall it and it seems that the installation process can't handle that, I'm completely stuck and unable to install the new product, all I get is a generic error message that tells me to restart and try again but it never works:

Exit Code: 24

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)

ERROR: Set payload canceled status

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder: User canceled installation

ERROR: User cancelled the operation

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

I am obviously not cancelling the installation it just fails to this error message almost immediately.

This is very typical of an Adobe experience on Mac, they really need to focus more OS X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It´s 2020 and I still use FMLE on a regular basis and last time was two days ago. I use it combination with the same good old Intensity Pro capture card on two older hackintoshes running OS X Mountain Lion. It´s amazing how good a quality I´ve been getting out of FMLE for the last 10 years. Even a 720p stream looks perfectly good.

I also stream 1080p with OBS, the Atem TVS, the Atem Mini, a BMD thunderbolt capturecard, CamLink USB capturecard so I´m in the loop with the newer stuff too. I stream using two computers to two sites the same time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!       No video in input or output-window.    Craches when shut down.      LION 10.7.3

I am using Ustream Producer Pro.    I do not have that program as an option under DEVICE, but I do have CamTwist, ManyCams and my other video-devices. Can somebody tell me if I should have Ustream as a choice?     Is there another way to broadcast Ustream through FMLE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several clients also reporting same issue just upgraded to 10.7.3, now FMLE no video, audio only.  Multiple systems.  Ouch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been on the phone for 2 hours with Adobe and I was told that there is nothing that they can do but send me to this forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2012 Mar 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem too!!!!!

I put this message in Apple Discussion too.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/17743754

Lets will need a demand from apple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2012 Mar 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here too.  Tried on two different computers both updated to 10.7.3.. tried with my DataVideo caputre device or just the built in camera.  Sound is ok but no video is present.  Works fine in facetime, imovie or other programs however.  Very frustrating.  Had to pull out a pc from the closet to get back on the air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution so far. No response Apple far too.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/17743754#17743754

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines