I am reasonably pleased with the general capabilities of FormsCentral, but some relatively minor enhancements would go a long way to improving functionality and delivering greater end-user value. Here are some suggestions:
1) Form Field Limitations - Simply providing data types (ex. text, numeric, date, drop-down, multi-list, etc.) is inadequate. The system should be enhanced so a form author could restrict the range of possible responses. Example: restrict text fields to X characters, restrict numeric to < or > values, restrict dates to < or > values, restrict the "other" option in multi-list options to numeric or text fields.
2) Logical Data Validation - The system should be enhanced so a form author could build conditions for logical data inacuracies to be flagged before the form is submitted. Examples: Field "A" must be less than field "B", Field "C" is required if Field "D" is not null, Field "D" must be null if Field "E" is not null.
3) Conditional Routing - The system should be enhanced to support conditional form routing. Example: if the response to field 1 = YES, then display field 1.1, otherwise display 1.2. This enhancement should also be supported through pagination routing. Example: if the responses to fields 3, 4, and 5 = X, then go to page 2, otherwise, go to page 3.
4) Alerts / Notifications - The system should be enhanced so alerts are sent to the form author or other identified individual when a form is submitted. In addition, the system should be enhanced so the form author could provide automated confirmation to the form submitter.
5) Embedded URLs - The system should be capable of supporting embedded URLs within data fields so the form author could create off page references to additional information or data.
6) Upload Attachment Fields - The system should be capable of supporting a file upload field so the form author could enable the user to upload files of a certain type (ex. PDF scan)
I hope this is helpful and I would welcome an opportunity to share more ideas with the development team.