• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed a Chm into a project

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2006 Oct 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to embed a compiled help file into another help project. I would rather embed a single file rather than an entire project so that I only need to make edits (in regard to the compiled version) in a single place. Is this possible? It is a substantial amount of files and will save me so much time if I can just embed a single file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tmccoysrc,

I'm trying to work out what you are trying to do, so apologies for questions rather then answers at this stage.

Do you want to create a .chm file that links to another topic in a .chm file?
Do you want to include an existing .chm file in your existing project - if that is the case you could merge the two project together.
Do you just want to import a specific topic into your existing project?

Just need a little more detail to help us understand what you are tyring to achieve.

thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I am writing a help system for a number of products (product A, and product B) that utilize the same satellite program (Product C). Product C has its own help system.

I want Product C's help file in its own section of the TOC for both A and B.

By merging the projects, doesn't that include all the files from Product C? I am reluctant to do that, as I want one single place to update files for Product C.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2006 Oct 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi tmccoysrc,

When you merge compiled help, it's only the compiled chm that you need to copy, not the entire project. When you click the Merge button and select the project to merge, it asks you if you want to copy the chm file into the current project (or something along those lines - it's a while since I did it). This means that you can maintain a separate help project for Product C, and simply merge the compiled chm for Product C into both the Product A and the Product B help projects. If you update the help for Product C, you have to remember to copy the new chm file into the Product A and Product B folders when you've recompiled it, but that's an easy thing to do.

Hope this helps.

Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp