• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 Not recording actions in Automatic mode but records in FMR

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to create a software simulation of SharePoint. The users need to be shown how to edit pages, profiles, etc. I am running Captivate 5 as administrator. The operating system is Windows 7. The problem is when I record the actions in Automatic mode, some of the actions are not captured; for example when chosing a profile picture from an explorer window, clicking Save and Close button on the edit profile page. However, when I record these same actions in FMR, everything is captured. Now that it adds extra work for me to insert captions in the FMR, wanted to check why Captivate is not capturing all the actions in Automatic Demo mode. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hareesh

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order for Captivate to perform an automatic capture it has to 'hear' the screen event, e.g. a button click, load of a dialog box, drop-down menu etc.  Some software advertises these events well, others don't.  In almost all software you'll typically need to do SOME manual captures, and for some software you'll need to do lots.  Sounds like SharePoint might fall into the latter category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great. That explains a lot. I will try creating an automatic capture, and insert manual screen captures where there are no sounds. Let me see how it goes and I will update the forum.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources