Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn on or off conditional content

Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Robohelp documentation is not clear.

We have a per machine properties file that turns on additional features in the application I am documenting, "tpo.enabled = 1"

Can This be used to show the conditional content. If so, how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A few questions: What exactly are you trying to accomplish? What version / flavour or RH are you using? What output are you generating?

CBT is normally used to exclude certain content from an output. You can then create multiple outputs from the same source. For instance, You can place the additional features under a CBT, but you will need to create a build with and without specific features.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Am using Robohelp 9, Webhelp output.

I am documenting an application that can include advanced features. We turn on those features per client in the properties file as described above. "tpo.enabled = 1"

If I hide all the help for the advanced features with CBT for most clients, how do I turn it on for those clients you buy the advanced features?

In short, I want to commit one help file, that will show or hide the advanced topics based on the property described above.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Willam suggests you can use CBTs to build two distinct versions of your help. You can pass these to your developers who should be able to install the correct help file programmatically according to the property file setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp