• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 11 Installation Problem

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I m trying to install Flash Player 11 in a PC with windows XP Pro SP3. Everything looks ok, but when i go to youtube only black screen. Right click gives only "About Flash 11" option. Same with IE 8 and Google Chrome. With Mozilla its ok cause of HTML5. When i try to install flash in Mozilla it cant, and says to try manualy (download and install as i ve done before).

Disabled Anti-virus, checked for malware and virus, reset cache, history etc, went to Flash player advanced settings (throught Control Panel), done ALL steps with installing-reinstalling everything. Checked Permissions, addons and plugins, same story. Any other idea except reinstall windows?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the video issue, does it make any difference if you toggle hardware acceleration off?

How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

Use this installer link to install on Firefox:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugi...

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

angelbreath2222 wrote:

When i try to install flash in Mozilla it cant, and says to try manualy

Can you provide the full error message, or better yet, a screenshot of that message?

For IE8, see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant disable hardware acceleration as with right click the only choice i ve got is "About flash 11...." . I installed the latest drivers for Intel G33/31 VGA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check that the Shockwave Flash add-on is enabled in Internet Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea i checked, actually the most strange is that Flash not working in all 3 browsers, Chrome, Mozilla and IE8. After installation, everything looks ok, i can go to Control Panel and see the Flash settings there (just some delete from storage etc options), and generally speaking the installation seems to finish with no problem. But when i go to Adobe check page, or in youtube, looks that is not working. One thing i dont know is if windows have a choise of what player to use forn flash content. (maybe something else its checked for play this content).

I reinstalled and install again flash through ALL the steps in Adobe page, including registry tip with a microsoft tool (last step) . Of course reformat is a solution, but i dont think is logical to need reformat just for a program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The drivers for the Intel G33 are pretty old, so the logical step would be to disable hardware acceleration.  But since you cannot go to local settings, this is unfortunately not possible.  (Pity that the native control panel does not allow that setting!)

Two things I would try if I were to encounter your situation:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ll try it and send feedback. One thing that confuses me, is that in IE8 and Chrome, it doesnt say that Flash is not installed, its just saw a black screen (video didnt loaded). In the other hand, Mozilla plays youtube video (with html5 support) so its not problem with Youtube or something. Anyway, i ll try later Pat your suggestions and i ll post the results (hope to be good results).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, but only in Mozilla Firefox. I received the message a few days ago saying my flashplayer needed to be updated, and did that. Now the plug-in is not working. I tried installing it, but see what happens:

Flashplayer 1.png     Flashplayer 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

burnedtoast check your firewall, probably something blocks the adobe server. If you have other Adobe products installed, maybe you ve got "tweak" hosts file (windows/system32/drivers/etc ).

Of course you can download manually the Flash player and probably you ll not have problem. If the problem persists only in Mozilla, clean cache, history etc,  and in Tools- General -Manage addons, that Flash is there and enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

burnedtoast wrote:

I am having the same issue, but ...

Please start a new topic, and specify your operating system, version & edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleaned Flash, istalled the Beta 11.2, checked IE8 (all addons disabled , only Flash enabled) still movie not loaded and black screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your help guys, i realized that actually Flash installed properly abd no problem is with installation. So the only logical step was firewall antivirus hosts...something that blocked flash to work. As the problem was in ALL browsers, it couldnt be a browser setting. Should be something more "global". At last after checking ALL antivirus settings, found a setting that blocked Active X and Javascript. Disabled it and Flash worked in all browsers.

Thank you all for your help, without you i couldnt find the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2012 Mar 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i had the same problem... the solution its so easy... you have to change the time configuration or time zone... (sorry my english.. im chilean)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines