• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documentum versus Robohelp

Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I really need an urgent help! I am creating an online help for a huge application and am using Robohelp for that. Now, a question has arised about why I am not using Documentum for creating online help. From what I could gather, Documentum is a content management system and I am doubtful whether it can help me to make such a big online help with ease. I have to give justification as to why I prefer robohelp. Following are some of the questions for which I need answers:

1. Can somebody explain the difference between Robohelp and Documentum?

2. What is the advantage of Robohelp over Documentum as far as authoring online help goes?

3. Which application should I use to create online help?

4. What is documentum used for (in simple english please!)?

I would really appreciate if I can get a detailed answer as soon as possible. The tools team is breathing down my neck!! 😞

Thanks and regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi SreeG.

You are pretty much answered all your questions yourself. Documentum is not an online help authoring tool. It can create a help system complete with all the inbuilt navigational links we know and love. Documentum is a CMS with an online web interface. It is not designed for producing online help. It is like comparing chalk with cheese. I think the powers to be need to rethink their question and ask what it is that they want. Only then can they choose the right tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp