i updated my producer tools to 1.9.1 and my ipad2 has the new 5.1 software. I try download the update of my folio and it says i must visit the app store for the new update, when i go there there's no update?
This was discussed here many times before. You have 3 options:
1. Wait until new Adobe Content Viewer is accepted by Apple – it can be anything between tomorrow and several weeks later
2. Downgrade your Foio Producer Tools and Folio Builder Panel to version V18
3. Create your custom Content Viewer using Viewer Builder – this option is available only to Pro and Enterprise users of DPS.
Thanks guys, I'm no pro or Enterprise user so I did the sensible thing - downgrade. It works, Thank you Tomek.
I will keep looking on the site you gave me as well, thanks Johannes.
Correct. Apple has not approved it, yet.
What problem? Did it freeze?
I get a Content.Error.ContentWrite message. It seems that it's because there are setting or soemthing left over in my work from the upgrade 1.9.1. I had delete the whole folio and upload it all again..
I think I'm missing just one more piece here, and perhaps you can help get me back on track.
The desired end result is to be able to view my project again on my tablet devices.
- I updated both builder and tools.
- Then I realized my mistake - the viewer isn't yet available, I upgraded the tools to soon. OK, good learning experience.
- I uninstalled and rolled back to the previous version of tools.
At this point, do I need to delete and re-create my folio? Update each article? Or is the answer not that simple?
After you roll back to v18, you just need to update any article you created or edited with the v19 tools.
That worked, thanks.
Not to belittle others who were caught unawares by the upgrade, or who have extensive article-heavy folios and anxious clients, but I was able to manage my errant upgrade-before-the-new-viewer-is-ready problem fairly quickly and painlessly.
These instructions are just for MAC OS CS 5.5
- Quit InDesign.
- Run the uninstaller located in Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers.
- Download and install the previous tools installer from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/collection.jsp?collID=4&platform=Macintosh
- Start up InDesign and update each article that you previously touched with the new (now un-installed) version of tools.
- Restart the content viewer on your tablet device, download your folio.
- Groove at how smart you feel.
- Thank Bob.
Thank you for breaking down the options Tomasz.
I found the archive link for Folio Producer v18, but not for the Folio Builder. Can anyone help me there? The preview in the desktop Content Viewer is fine, but I get nothing on my iPad. Do I need the v18 Folio Builder, or is there a step I am missing?
There is no history page for the Folio Builder panel. The panel should always be up to date.
Hi Bob, do you have any idea when Apple will be releasing the new Content Viewer? And is there any way that a non-pro or enterprise user/developer can create their own Viewer? I have all the knowledge and programs to do so, I just don't have the wallet.
This world is crazy and backwards. Millions could create but you need millions to enable a creation. Silly.
This question gets asked over and over with every release and there is no new answer.
It will get approved when Apple decides it's gets approved and there is nobody anywhere that has any control over that.