Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating Help in RoboSource Project

Oct 09, 2006 Oct 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project set up with RoboSouce and I'm a secondary author. If I try to generate the help file, I get a :
Fatal Error: Unexpected error from Microsoft HTML compiler. error and no help file.

The primary author can generate the file.

I need some information on how to fix or avoid this error.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be wrong but it sounds like a set-up issues in your source control. Have you got the same access priviledges to all the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I have administrator rights so more privileges than the primary author.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not working the project on a network, are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I'm not trying to work on the project over the network.
I've opened it as a new project making sure the primary author had everything checked in. I've reinstalled RoboHelp, I've done all the tweaks I can think off. But for what ever reason I cannot generate a chm; I consistently get the Fatal Error: Unexpected error from Microsoft HTML compiler. error and no help file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone round your way speak German? If so, try this topic.

Also see Rick Stone's advice in this post.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2006 Oct 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Update on Issue:
I never really found a solution dispite everyone's suggestions (thanks for those!). What I did end up doing in removing the project from version control. Creating a new database and re-adding the project and then opening the project on each writers PC. It now seems we can each generate .chm files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp