• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe BrowserLab not responding

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2012 Mar 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn’t have any problem using BrowserLab through Dreamweaver CS5.5 in the local/network preview until today.

When trying to preview in Adobe BrowserLab I am getting:

“We’re sorry, but your network preferences prevent

us from communicating with the server.

Please enable online access and try again.”

I have never changed or altered any of my network preferences and was able to use it just fine in the past.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

We've determined that there are two possible causes to this issue:

- The software is not properly activated.

- You (or an administrator) have disabled Internet access for Adobe online services.

To check if access to Adobe online services have been disabled on your computer, see this article: Disable access to Adobe CS service extensions

If that is not the issue, then the cause has to do with activation. Te resolve the issue, perform the steps in the solution of this article: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2012 Mar 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you recently made any changes to your registry settings, especially ones regarding CS Live? Does BrowserLab work for you if Dreamweaver is closed and in your browser you go to https://browserlab.adobe.com? Is it possible that you recently changed your password for Adobe.com?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mark for your prompt reply.

I haven’t changed my CS Live registry settings or my Adobe password.

BrowserLab is working from browser, takes ages to load the page regardless of the fact that I have fast Internet.

Best Regards,

Rumeliya (rborov)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, I think I know what this is. In the BrowserLab panel in DW open the menu (a list icon in the upper right of the panel) and choose Permission Settings... In the dialog that appears ensure that Allow is chosen and choose Ok.

Try that and let me know if it's working for you.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark,

Allow was chosen before.

I have switched few times now between settings but still doesn't work.

and that is the message from CS Live:

Best Regards,

Rumeliya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rumeliya,

Hmm, ok, there's only one more thing I can think to try right now. Look for a CS Live button inside of DW. It should have a bluish icon with concentric circles. In DW for Windows it's in the application title bar toward the right side. Click on that button to open the menu. If it doesn't show you as logged in, can you log in and try again? Have you registered your copy of DW and accepted the CS Live Terms of Use there?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark,

The CS Live button inside of DW used to be bluish before I had the problem with BrowserLab.

When I click on CS Live button I am getting the following message:

“There is a problem connecting to the Adobe servers.

Please check your firewall settings”

I have registered my DW5.5 six months ago.

I don’t recall of accepted the CS Live Terms of Use, but I presume I have been prompted to do so when I first used it.

I have re-installed and updated DW but it didn’t make any difference.

Best Regards,

Rumeliya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to check is exactly what that message says. Is there any chance you modified your hosts file or that you've got firewall software that would prevent DW from talking to anything at Adobe.com? Can you think of any other reason why DW would not be able to contact Adobe.com?

Also, I know there's a post floating around out there somewhere in Internet-land that describes how to turn off CS Live by fiddling with the registry. You haven't done that, have you?

Can you think of the last time you were able to do a local preview test? Have you made ANY changes to your system or configuration (new software, settings changes, or anything) since then?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

The status of FireWire on my machine is: "Not Connected. No network capable FireWire devices are connected".

I haven't fiddled with CS Live registry.

The last time I have used BrowserLab was the day before.

I haven't installed new software since but I must admit I have uninstalled some not related with Adobe products.

Thanks,

Rumeliya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rumeliya,

Not FireWire... firewall. Something appears to be blocking DW / CS Live from communicating with the servers at adobe.com. The most likely culprit would be firewall software monitoring and preventing Dreamweaver from making that connection.

You said you installed some other software since it was last working... my best guess is that one of those pieces of software (which you didn't specify) either changed a network setting, changed something in the registry, or somehow is blocking Dreamweaver's communication.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

I haven't installed, I have uninstalled softwares from my mac.

I really can't think of anything that can prevent DW from making connections.

I have tuned off firewall on my machine, no difference, added to the allowances list DW and all the browsers I am using and still nothing.

Have you got other options left?

Thanks.

Regards,

Rumeliya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rumeliya,

I'm running pretty short of ideas here. I'm going to point you to another forum thread and have you check into some registry settings. Check out this:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/959080?tstart=0

Do you have the "Adobe-CS-5.5-renga" registry setting as described there? What value does it have? It's not an identical issue but it's fairly similar and worth checking into.

Beyond that, send me a private message with the Adobe ID login you use for DW and we'll try to check into things on our side to make sure your account isn't a bad state somehow.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you're checking the registry, can you also check out these settings: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/846/cpsid_84665.html and tell me what the values are?

To be clear, I'm not asking you to make any registry changes right now, I'm just asking you to look for those two different settings and tell me what you find there.

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

I have followed the "Disable CS Live internet access from CS5 applications for system administrators"

From Windows > Extensions I have visible only: Access CS Live, Adobe BrowserLab and Share My Screen the rest (CS News and Resources, CS Review, Resource Central, Kuler) are not listed .

I have checked "/com.adobe.AdobeOnlineHelp.plist" and the data value was "1" ( You asked not to changed I know but I have changed to "0")

The keychain access starts with Adobe.APS not with Adobe 5.5-renga.

Kind Regards,

Rumeliya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions for that article are for disabling CS Live internet access... that's exactly the opposite of what we're trying to do. I wanted you to check the value to ensure it wasn't 0. It needs to be 1 so that CS Live can communicate with the servers at Adobe, so you really need to change it back to 1.

Beyond that I'm pretty stumped what could be going on here. Can you post some screenshots of the messages you're seeing... seeing some context around the messages might help me out here.

Additionally, I'd like you to email your AMT3.log file directly to me, mrausch (at) adobe (dot) com. Instructions on how to locate the file on your machine are here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3443382#3443382 in a post by Carey Burgess.

Finally, are you using a registered copy of Dreamweaver or is this a trial version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2012 Mar 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

I have retuned the value back to "1".

As required there are some screenshots:

1. CS Live.

Screen Shot 2012-03-14 at 21.23.28.png

2. Adobe BrowserLab status:

Screen Shot 2012-03-14 at 21.32.13.png

3. Message from Preview in Browser > Preview in Adobe BrowserLab

Screen Shot 2012-03-14 at 21.24.42.png

Thanks.

Regards,

Rumeliya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Mark,

I forgot to answer the last question.

Yes, I am using registered student version of Dreamweaver 5.5.

Thanks.

Regards,

Rumeliya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Don't forget to send me that log file I asked for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rumeliya,

I got your log file now, thanks.

Based on what I'm seeing in there, it looks like something on your computer or network is blocking communication with our servers. Again I have to ask, are you sure you don't have any firewall software or hardware that could be blocking that communication?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

I haven't installed any.

Sorry Mark. I can send you a screenshot of the list with all softwares I've got if that can help?

Thanks.

Rumeliya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, thanks. Are you doing this on a home network or a work network? Is there any way you can try switching networks to see if you get a different result on a different network?

In the meantime I'll try talking to some people around here who know more about CS Live than I do.

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark,

I am using home network.

Best Regards,

Rumeliya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rumeliya,

I just sent you an e-mail with some information that should help you get this sorted.

If you have any questions, or if we can help further, please reply back to my e-mail directly, or reply here in the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Bump #3? Can you at least post the fix from Carey's email? Seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We've determined that there are two possible causes to this issue:

- The software is not properly activated.

- You (or an administrator) have disabled Internet access for Adobe online services.

To check if access to Adobe online services have been disabled on your computer, see this article: Disable access to Adobe CS service extensions

If that is not the issue, then the cause has to do with activation. Te resolve the issue, perform the steps in the solution of this article: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines