Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LDAP issues on RH9

Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to use LDAP in the configuration manager but its rejecting me outright. 

These are my settings:

Built in database radio button selected

LDAP Server URL - ldap://mycompany.local:389

Base Node for User Search: dc=mycompany,dc=local

Base Node for Group Search: dc=mycompany,dc=local

User ID attribute Name: cn

Group ID attribute name: cn

Group Member Attribute: member

Default Admin Account for Web Administrator    

Username - myadminaccountname

Password - grayedout

I have verified all of the attributes as being correct but I'm still getting a javax.naming.authetication error - 49

Can anyone help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LaRoque149 and welcome to the RH forums.

I believe you are referring to access to the RoboHelp Server web administrator. Is that right? If so, I'm not aware if you can even use it with LDAP. Maybe John Daigle can advise here. "Paging Mr Daigle". "Paging Mr Daigle".

@robocolumn
  The RoboColum(n)
  Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me RoboColum(n),

Yes, I am using RH Server Web Administrator.  According to pages 14-15 of the help file in RH 9 I should be able to user LDAP authentication for RH Server...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having reread your original post I am now unclear about where the problem is. Is it that the Configuration Manager is not allowing you to set up your LDAP connection? Or is it that it is all set up but that you can't access the Web Administrator?

You may know this already but that Java error is due to invalid credentials. Maybe you could post the entire error here as part of it may give us more of a clue. See the link below for further details.

http://www.blogsoncloud.com/jsp/techSols/javax-naming-AuthenticationException.jsp

@robocolumn
  The RoboColum(n)
  Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open the Configuration Manager, open the /robohelp context, select Use LDAP Authentication, and fill out my information, save and restart Tomcat.

I open the server web administrator and I'm presented with a logon screen.  At this point, I cannot use network administrator name and password.

If I don't make any changes to the Server Configuration Manager, I can use the default admin name and password.

This is on a Server 2008 EE R2 server.dc

The exact error message is:

Error in LDAP

authentication.<br>javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - comment: AcceptSecurityContext error,data 52e, v1db0

This is the content of the Robohelp_server properties file: (Names, domains and servers are changed for this forum)

rolesearchbase=dc=mycompany,dc=local

DefAdminPwd=

rolesearch=member

DefAdminUid=adminmyname

maxload=150

usersearchbase=dc=mycompany,dc=local

ldapURL=ldap://dc01.mycompany.local:389

authtype=ldap

reindex=true

dsnuser=

useridkey=cn

ProjectsUrlBase=/robohelp/robo

substringsearch=false

rolename=cn

DatabaseType=access

ProjectsDirBase=c:\\program files\\adobe\\adobe robohelp server 9\\robo

DSN=

dsnpwd=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a partial answer.

In the robohelp_server.properties file I changed

usersearchbase=dc=mycompany,dc=local

to

usersearchbase=ou=users,ou=is-admins,ou=myOU,dc=myCompany,dc=local

Caveat - I could not use the Configuration Manager to make the changes stick - Sometimes it worked, other times it didn't.  Stopping/Starting/Restarting Tomcat at any point in the process had only a limited effect.  Some items changed, others didn't - No valid reason why.

I had to actually edit the robohelp_server.properties file manually.

I am now able to use my adminname/password to access the Web Administrator.  I can add others from my group, but I am currently not able to add regular users from the rest of the company due to the fact that I can only search in the specified context in the usersearchbase and I'm not able to add additional search bases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the same error.... LDAP Server & RoboHelp Server 9 are both Windows 2008 R2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope my previous notes were able to help you Dustin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry still can not get LDAP to work .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all i ever get...

Login Error

Error in LDAP

a uth e nti cation. &It; b r >j ;::tvax. naming .Authentic a

tionException: [LDAP: error code 49-

80091J308: LdapErr: DSID-OC0903A9.

comment: Accept8ecurityCor1text error. data

52 e. v·1 db ·1

Here is my config...

rolesearchbase=DC=ne*,DC=cir*,DC=local

DefAdminPwd=admin

rolesearch=member

DefAdminUid=dustin

maxload=150

usersearchbase=OU=USERS,OU=USBC,DC=ne*,DC=cir*,DC=local

ldapURL=ldap://dc1.ne*.cir*.local:389

authtype=ldap

reindex=true

dsnuser=

useridkey=cn

substringsearch=false

rolename=cn

DatabaseType=access

DSN=

dsnpwd=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system has Java jre-6u31-windows-x64 and Tomcat 7.0 installed.   Java has to be installed prior to Tomcat.  Once both are installed, I set the properties for Tomcat to start automatically.

First and foremost, you have to know where your admin ID is in your AD structure.    I could not get the Configuration Manager to work correctly so I had to edit the robohelp_server.properties file manually.  You can open the robohelp_server.properties (or your new context_server.properties) file in Notepad.

Once the file is open, verify that the DefAdminPwd is deleted.  Verify that your DefAdminUid adminName is correct. Theres a good tool called Softerra LDAP administrator to query your LDAP server if you do not know where your adminID is. 

This is the exact procedure that I have my Project Administrators use to create a new context:

Log into the Robohelp server CMCROBO01 with your administrator name and password.

Click on Start>All Programs>Adobe RoboHelp Server 9>Configuration Manager

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\conf

Select server.xml and Open.

Specify Tomcat 7 from the drop-down menu

At this point the RoboHelp Server Configuration Manager will open.

Select File>New Context

Select a context name for your project.  In this case my context name is (mycontextname) - I have been using lower case letters for context naming to stay consistent with folder structure. Click OK.

(MY Context Name is the name of a project created in RoboHelp 9 HTML that I plan to push to the RoboHelp Server).

To stay consistent, please do not use special characters when creating a context !@#$%^&*()_+= etc (My rule)

Click the Use LDAP Authentication check box and fill in the white areas of the RoboHelp Server Configuration Manager.

LDAP Server URL - ldap://domainController01.myCompany.local:389

Base Node for User Search - ou=users,ou=is-admins,ou=anotherOU,dc=myCompany,dc=local

Base Node for Group Search - dc=myCompany,dc=local

User ID Attribute Name - cn

Group ID Attribute Name - cn

Group Member Attribute - member

Default Admin Account for Web Administrator

Username - adminrobohelp

Password - (grayed out)

Click Save.  Close Configuration Manger.  This should restart the Tomcat service.

Tomcat may be slow to restart.  Just to be safe, start/restart Tomcat manually.

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Robohelp Server 9\WEB-INF and find a file called mycontextname_server.properties.  (mycontextname_server), and open the file with Notepad.  Delete the the DefAdminPwd "admin" and save.  Verify that the DefAdminUid is adminrobohelp. (or whatever your adminName is)

opencontextfile.PNG

Restart the Tomcat service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I look at your config, delete the DefAdminPwd. (admin)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay did that but still no luck, same error 49....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The  only other thing I see in your config is that you are using an asterisk in your searches.   I also found that I had to make sure all my context_server.properties files had the same information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The asterisk are not in the real config file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the word admin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay here is what i got.

rolesearchbase=DC=n12,DC=cbc,DC=com

DefAdminUid=user1

rolesearch=member

DefAdminPwd=

maxload=150

ldapURL=ldap://dc1.n12.cbc.com:389

usersearchbase=OU=USERS,OU=USBC,DC=n12,DC=cbc,DC=com

dsnuser=

reindex=true

authtype=ldap

useridkey=cn

substringsearch=false

rolename=cn

DSN=

DatabaseType=access

dsnpwd=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the content of my robohelp_server.properties file  (RoboHelp Server 9)  

The only differences that I see are that the order is slightly different.

My ProjectsURLBase=/robohelp/robohelp and ProjectsDirBase=c:\\program files\\adobe\\adobe robohelp server 9\\robohelp. 

Yours is ProjectsURLBase=/robohelp/robo and ProjectsDirBase=c:\\program files\\adobe\\adobe robohelp server 9\\robo.

If you have created any other contexts_server.properties files, you should make sure that they all have the exact same information.

rolesearchbase=dc=caidan,dc=local

DefAdminPwd=

rolesearch=member

DefAdminUid=adminrobohelp

maxload=150

usersearchbase=ou=users,ou=is-admins,ou=hpm,dc=caidan,dc=local

ldapURL=ldap://cmcdc01.caidan.local

dsnuser=

reindex=true

authtype=ldap

useridkey=cn

ProjectsUrlBase=/robohelp/robohelp

substringsearch=false

rolename=cn

DSN=

ProjectsDirBase=c:\\program files\\adobe\\adobe robohelp server 9\\robohelp

DatabaseType=access

dsnpwd=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And restart Tomcat after any save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay looks like it got it to log in.   But it is not letting me add in any LDAP Groups or Users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldnt get groups to add either.  I could only add users that were in my OU.    What did you find as your final answer as to why you couldnt log in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing I just keep changing the usersearchbase= and created a special user just for robohelp.   I was tring to use my domain account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you add users just put in the user name ?  Or do you need to put in anything special ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It lets me add one LDAP Group called users.

but nothing else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay figure out how to add the users... not by the sam account name but by the display name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp