Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clearing application buffer after a live stream ends

Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times, but searching for "application" "buffer" "cache" "live" and "hls" isn't giving me any answers, so let's get to it...

After I end a live stream (which I do using FMLE 3.2 and FMS 4.5) and I then start a new live stream with the same application name, the HLS stream just loops the last 30 seconds of the old stream. To prevent this, after I end a stream, I have to go to applications\livepkg\streams\_definst_\ and delete the buffered data there. Only then can I start a new stream with the same name as the old stream. Now... that can't be normal, can it? Is there a switch somewhere I can set to tell FMS to cut it out and stop buffering old streams?

Thanks,

Raul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use "record" mode rather than default mode of "append". You just need to publish using streamname - livestream%i?adbe-live-event=liveevent&adbe-record-mode=record.

Though "append" should also work - can you let me know what do you see in FMS core logs / application logs. Also are you changing encoding settings when you republish/restart?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines