• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_STREAM_ERROR issue when using Aldiko Android App

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2012 Mar 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased an ebook and when i try to open it using Aldiko App for Android, I get this error: E_STREAM_ERROR: CURL returned 1 (1)*

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2012 Mar 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message is from Aldiko, not from ADE. I believe it's telling you that

there's an error in the format of the ebook that won't let Aldiko go any

farther.

============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry, but I disagree with that message from Aldiko. It is not the format of the ebook. Let me tell you this: I had bought some ebooks DRM protected and uploaded on Dropbox, and anytime I needed to open them, I just tapped on them and everything was ok. NOW everytime I try to download these same files, or ebook files from TWO different online stores (one located in Spain, and the other in Australia!!) where they are kept in "my eBokk library", I can see the "downloading successfuly" message, and then that terrible message that doesn't let me read them anymore! And, yes, strangely, the same problem happens with PocketBook, in my TWO tablets. So, clearly it is ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference if others are seeing curl return codes in this error message.  Curl return codes can be found at: libcurl - Error Codes

In this case

CURLE_UNSUPPORTED_PROTOCOL (1)

The URL you passed to libcurl used a protocol that this libcurl does not support. The support might be a compile-time option that you didn't use, it can be a misspelled protocol string or just a protocol libcurl has no code for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines