• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need further instruction on how to install and use adobe flash.

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Ubuntu, I think version 11.2, I think it's a form of linux.. Maybe 64 bit? I have no flashplayers that I know of, I've never installed any before. I use firefox only.

On the http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html "Flashplayer in 3 Seps" The box below step 1 is empty.

When I proceed with step 2, I remain totally clueless as to which version I should pick, so I picked .rpm for other lunux, clicked download, and a window opens asking me to either "open with" Archive Manager, or "Save File."

I have absolutely no idea which to proceed with. I've tried both and nothing has happend. The file shows up as a package in my downloads, which I open and nothing but a folder with a "." appears...

I appologise, but I'm not computer savvy at ALL, and everywhere I go, it seems unless I use Windows or MAC, I'm supposed to know what I'm doing, and I haven't got a clue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this article gives you more information: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/readme-flash-player-linux.html

Please feel free to ask for clarification, if needed - I'm sure someone here knows something about Linux (sorry, I don't).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. when I go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ I see that there is a Flash Player installer for Ubuntu - have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2012 Mar 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried downloading the 64 bit ubuntu, but the window that comes up asks me to choose and application with which to open it. When I check the "Installation Instructions" on http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/readme-flash-player-linux.html I simply don't understand the first two steps...  "Unpack the plugin tar.gz and copy the files to the appropriate location."  I don't know where the appropriate location would be, I just.. don't get it. I don't even know how to "unpack" a file... I'm really sorry, I appreciate your help, but I'm so clueless to all of this. I don't know where to begin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2012 Mar 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really don't know anything about Linux, so it would be best to wait for an expert to come and help you; hopefully after this weekend is over.

But I remember one week ago I had to use some Linux version on my system (to recover a hard drive).  While I was waiting I tried to install Flash Player.  Unpacking install_flash_player_11_linux.x86_64.tar.gz was quite easy, but I don't remember exactly how I did it - right-click, perhaps?

The target location, according to the instructions, appears to be /home/<user>/.mozilla/plugins/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines