Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Close Button on auto-sizing pop-up

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2008 Sep 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings
I am using RH7 to develop a WebHelp project. When I link from a topic to another topic I use the display in auto sizing pop-up option. Is it possible to add a close button on the pop-up? If so, how?

I would like to visually inform the users how to close the pop-up, clicking outside the pop-up is not very intuitive.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Note that clicking the popup itself will also close it. Because of that, one might think of using an image to serve as the "button". The problem here is that clicking an image on the popup isn't sufficient to close it!

One possibility would be to create an image used as a background image in a special style sheet .CSS file. I'm thinking that because the image would be referenced that way, it may allow working as you want. I'll have to test that later.

Just pondering out loud here... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick,

You are getting way ahead of me with respect to the background image in a special style sheet. I'll explain to my clients to click in the pop-up to close it.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2008 Sep 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You can add a button. Harder scripts require more detail on inserting, but this one's relatively easy.

Insert a SUBMIT button, label it "Close Window", code attached (nevermind my styles!)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp