• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Multiple Books from Digital Editions

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2012 Mar 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been continually frustrated trying to clear more than one book at a time from Digital Editions. Apparently Adbobe doesn't provide this feature for fear users will indadvertently delete books they want to keep. Well, I got tired of deleting one book at a time, so I use Windows Explorer to do it, if anyone is interested:

* First, I make sure all the books I want to keep are on my e-reader.

* Then, in Windows Explorer, I delete all files in My Digital Editions folder under My Documents Folder.

* If I want to return any books to Digital Editions, I transfer them from my e-reader to All Items in Digital Editions.

If anyone has an easier way, please let me know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 18, 2012 Mar 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selecting multiple items in the Library and hitting the delete key works as well....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks; that's a lot simpler. It's the one thing I didn't think of. I was trying to do a multiple delete the same way I do a multiple delete in Windows Explorer -- highlight the items to delete, right click, and click on delete. I never thought of using the delete key in Windows Explorer, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This takes them out of ADE, but they still clog your folder My Digital Editions on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful when you do this. ADE keeps a file called 'manifest.xml' that

contains a record of those ebooks ADE thinks it has in its library. If you

delete the ebooks, but don't change the manifest file, ADE will think those

ebooks are still there.

=================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, Frustrated. When I was looking into this, I opened the manifest file and decided it would be a pain to modify it, so that's why I decided to delete all the books. It turns out that Jim_Lester's solution is easier than anything else, and I wish I'd thought of it myself, instead of all the monkying around with Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines