• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Starting..."

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7, 64-bit. Latest AMD Catalyst and driver for display, 32-bit color, 1440x900

Waterfox (=64-bit FireFox), version 10.0.2

Display within Waterfox is snowy, lines/shades added when mouse moved over. Restart w/ add-on disable resolved problem. Decided to download the latest Flash Player.

Got to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/, recognized 64-bit and ff correctly, click on download, <Save>, download window opened showing "Starting..." for file "install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih.exe" then appeared as not downloading a bit, progress bar not going at all. Re-tried many times, same result.

No problem w/ IE and Chrome on the same page. Bad display happens only within FF window.

Am I the first one having this problem?

Starting.JPGSnowy.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks mor like a generic Firefox drawing issue than anything else...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you experience the same display issues if you use FireFox 11?  It even looks like there is a WaterFox 11 available.  Perhaps you should try that as well?

I don't believe we have tested our pages beyond Internet Explorer, Safari, FireFox, Chrome, and possibly Opera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the FF made me downloaded Waterfox thinking native 64-bit will solve the problem.

For now, my concern is why it never completes the DOWNLOAD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s the same problem prompted me to upgrade to WaterFox. FF probably is the one to blame for snowy display, but no reason download can’t continue.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mysomething just to confirm you were able to use another browser to download and install Flash player?  I would not expect you to be succesful with Chrome as it already has it's own built-in version of Flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE 8 is perfect. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info, w/ all add-on disabled, waterfox/ff is still stall at “Starting…” for download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Believe it’s ff issue as I have the same problem after remove, downloaded the latest waterfox w/o any add-on yet.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so in review you have installed Flash player successfully correct?  Also you are only experiencing this issue within WaterFox 10?  You have not tried the normal build of FireFox 11 located at http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed FF/WaterFox, downloaded and installed the latest v11. Same problem. Went to youtube.com, was prompted for latest Flash, followed instruction to navigate to www.get.adobe.com/flashplayer, rest is the same story.

To be sure I have the greatest and latest, installed the latest AMD Catalyst. Upon opening Catalyst found it had some light snowy display as well. Since it doesn’t have Flash add-on, lead to the conclusion of outside of Flash.

In summary,

1> neither v 10 nor v 11 can download 64-bit Flash; and v 11 had display problem.

2> V11, went to adobe site, told me I had the latest when youtube said mine is outdated.

However, the “Starting…” issue is strange. I also tried to locate that 64-bit Flash elsewhere, but unable to determine if the website is trustworth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can download the full 64-bit installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_...

Once installed it sould work fine on 32-bit and 64-bit browsers, including Waterfox.

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the snowy display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines