• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print button to display PDFs in output directory

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create a print button in the web help toolbar which show a list of PDF files listed in a folder within the output directory from which users can select to print?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

It may not work locally. Try it on the server and post back if it does not work there.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean a button that opens Windows Explorer at the required folder, the answer is No.

You could create a topic with links to those PDFs and include them as baggage files so that they get uploaded with the project.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame. A help project will include a number of different sections composed of separate Guides. I want to enable a print option for printing whole sections rather than the individual topics.

What other approach might i take?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Notepad or similar, you could edit the output page on the server to add links. You would also need to edit the source in RoboHelp so that they get included in the next build.

The PDF content would not get included in the search.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a button which launches a single PDF generated from the complete content?

Where would i place this file? Before or after the Webhelp generation?

What would the button action be?

You mentioned something liek this in a previous post http://forums.adobe.com/message/949383#949383

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you can link one button to one PDF and you could have a number of buttons each linking to a different PDF.

Add the PDF to baggage files.

In the skin create a new button and in the Action tab create a link to the PDF.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as you said but the button still does not seem to work

I added the file as baggage, saved the project and edited the Button > Actions > Link to point to the file in the Project directory.

Generated the project. File is copied to the output directory.

The first time i tried this, the copied file name is changed to include underscores between separate words in the name so i chnaged the source baggage file to include underscores, deleted the copied file form the output and repeated the generation process.

Clicking the custom button in the toolbar does nothing. The baggage file is in the output folder. Am i missing some thing here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not work locally. Try it on the server and post back if it does not work there.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works on the server. Can i use this thread to ask a few more quesitons though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless the question is about the same problem, it is always better to start a new thread.

It helps others who have the same problems later.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp