Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorising ADE 1.8 Preview

Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm writing an article on how to use ADE with a screen reader, and was using my authorised version of the 1.8 preview to do so. I deauthorised my computer so that I could go through the authorisation process and explain how it works. I couldn't find a way to do this with the preview, so installed the 1.7 version to deauthorise, then I uninstalled both versions and reinstalled the 1.8 preview (to get round having to manually reassign the filetypes to the 1.8 preview). When I went to authorise it with the same account I had previously used, I got an error message saying "you can only authorize this computer with an Adobe ID that hasn't been previously used to authorize any other computer or mobile devices. Please try again."

Is this a roundabout way of telling me I've used up the six(?) authorisations allowed with this ID? Odd, given that 10 minutes before I been using this authorisation on this PC. Or have I knackered things by temporarily installing a second version of ADE on the PC?

Any help or advice appreciated,

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain - see how stupid DRM is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 23, 2012 Mar 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you still leave an authorization around - what happens in 1.8 when you display the (Help->)Authorization Information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I’ve not been around for a few days. I went ahead and authorised with no Adobe ID. Now, both the Authorize Computer and the Authorization Information items on the Help menu are unavailable.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines